Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Need advice Please

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: mandapanda31
  • March 30, 2009
  • 11:06 PM

I am getting a little closer to a diagnosis but am still unable to connect the dots to all of my symptoms. Went in for an Upper Endoscopy last Thursday and found I have Esophagitis. .. a lower gaping esophageal sphincter, localized irregular margins and erythema of the mucosa but no bleeding found in the gastroesophageal junction. A few small erosions..They dilated the esophagus with a 54 FR non-guided bougie to try to help stretch the esophagus for easier swallowing. Abormal LES found in the gastroesophageal junction. I have my follow-up next week. I am hoping they have done some lab results on what they found but not sure. I still feel the same am just taking prilosec and it isn’t helping the swallowing. I still feel a ton of what feels like phlegm in my throat and my chest left side feels constricted when breathing. I had a ton of diahrea last night and pain in lower left abdominal region. I felt fine until this past January. I started having night sweats, insomnia, pain on my left jaw. I also have pain which sometimes burns through my left side of my chest, shoulder, and under arm and neck. I have chills a lot and feel cold most of the time. Does anyone have any clue or thing esophagitis can cause this. I am worried its cancer but so far blood tests haven’t revealed that and I just would like some advice on what to be looking for before I see the doctor next. I am relatively healthy or was until January. I am 34, non-smoker, social but not heavy drinker..haven’t drank now or had caffeine since January because of all of this. Suffered from insomnia now for 3 months because of all of this.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement