Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

Reccuring Severe Aphthous Mouth Ulcers, Anal Fissure, Tiredness

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 22, 2006
  • 10:36 AM

just over a year ago my mouth outbroke with 10-15 mouth ulcers, my lips swelled, i was unable to eat, i struggled to talk and i was in alot of pain.
The amount went down, but i was continuously getting ulcers, say about 5. My mouth has not been clear of an ulcer for over a year. However, 2 months after i got another outbreak, this time with about 20, again unable to talk and eat etc. this happened again in april, at the beginning of June and end of June and then again in August. However each time got worse. The last time of an outbreak i had between 40-50 ulcers.
At the time of my first outbreak i started getting problems with going to the toilet. It was like passing a knife, it bled, really hurt. This was diagnosed as an Anal Fissure. I was prescribled several creams to get it to heal, but this did not work, in June i had to have surgery to try to get it to heal. This did work, until now, in November it has come back, i at the moment have 7 ulcers in my mouth. I have been tested for everything, form celiac disease, ulceritive colitis, crohns disease, bechets disease. My blood is normal. I have to keep having repeated appointments at the hospital and doctors. I am always tired and prone to catching any cold or infection going around.
My ulcers are so painful, i have been prescribed steroids to try and keep them down, they stayed down, but they havent gone, the steroids also caused acne! Can anyone help with a diagnosis. I am at a loss, i have searched everything on the web, seen so many different doctors, surgeons etc, and Crohns is what comes up, however i do not have dirrohea, so has been ruled out.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement