Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I have an infection in my butt-anus area

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: quickguide90012
  • March 28, 2009
  • 06:29 PM

Im a 23 year old male. I am very worried. Around my anus area, where i spread my butt cheeks, it is VERY swollen. It is dark and just look swollen. I'm am Asian by the way. The thing is it has been like this for a year and maybe a bit more. The thing is i never went to the doctor because i thought it would go away but it didnt. I also did not went because i was very scared. The pain also hurts too on the left side of my anus.

Today i went to the doctor and showed him my butt. Also told him it has been a while since i had this and it was not recent. He checked it out and gave me some pill to take and most importantly some cream to put on 3 times a day. He told me my butt has an infection but wants to see what this cream he prescribed me will do. I will see him next Friday again and he told me if it doesn't get better, he would have to send me to a surgeon. I am very worried right now because I felt like an idiot not going to the doctor when I saw this close to a year ago. Again, i didn't went bc i was scared to death and hoped it would go away.

If I don't spread my butt cheeks, I look in the mirror and i see that the inside of it looks very swollen and if i got injured or something. If i spread it, it looks very bad. There is a lump on the inside left of my anus. I also feel the pain there as well The doctor i went to today noticed this and told me.

I am very tramatized right now. I know the cream he gave me isn't going to help since i will use it for 1 week because i went to him too late. If i went to my doctor last year, everything would probably be fine and the necessary actions would been done quit. I waited too long and now I think i might have cancer or some uncureable tumor on my anus. He also had a very concerned look on his face when he saw this.

If he sends me to a surgeon, do any of you know what they are going to do? I thought he would send me to a skin doctor but he didnt mention that.

I am very scared at this moment and cannot think about anything else right now.

Again, my butt area hurts bc i have this lump on the left side of the inside of my butt cheeks. Both the left and right side surrounding areas of my butt looks very swollen. It looks blackish.

I feel like life is over for me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• Hang in there - the more you worry about this, the worse it will get. Just be glad that you have gone to the doctor and that he is taking care of you. In the meantime, make sure your diet is clean and your are drinking enough water. But with professional, medical help, they will clear this up in no time.Also, I don't think it is a tumor...probably is just candidas or an anal fissure or something that is easily treated! Hang in there.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • A perirectal abscess would be a consideration except you don't describe fever and chills,and it has gone on too long for an abscess.However,the odds of it being a tumor at your age is very remote.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies Flag this Response
  • I went to a doctor and was referred to a surgeon b/c my butt cheek area , the whole surrounding area is very dark and looked infected. I went to my surgeon and he did an office surgery when i got there and told me i had a Pilonidal cyst. Well he took a knife and cut some part of my skin on Thursday and told me to stay in my bathtub with running water and lye 3-4 times a day for my butt to circulate.I will be going back on Tuesday as another follow up. I might have the operation i dont know yet. However, since he already did the in office surgery on Thursday, he noticed that my butt area is not as reddish/black as it was before. Yes i know the area around my butt and genitals is suppose to be darker than your skin but my butt cheeks and the surroudning areas are VERY dark. i am asian male 23 by the way.When i look at the mirror, my butt cheeks and the area surrounding my *******e is very dark. I asked my doctor would the discoloration go away since most likely it was the pilonidal cyst that caused this and he said most likely not. Does anyone know what i can do? My butt area looks black and bruised obviously it was from the infection of the pilondial cyst. I didnt went to the doctor 1 -1.5 year ago when i noticed this b/c I was very scared.I googled and saw some things on anal bleaching but is that for the butt? This is very embarrassing as well for me. I also saw that they say dont use the product if the area is infected and what not so I don't think i should use that. Again, my butt cheeks when i spread a little looks VERY BLACK like i had some BIG bruises there and it loks like it will stay there forever.Does anyone know what i can do specifically? Thank you.
    quickguide90012 26 Replies Flag this Response
  • anyone can help? I just went to my surgeon today and he said the wound looks like it is healing fine and i don't have to go back to him anymore.I then went to my regular doctor though it was a different one. They have 3 of them and this doctor said the pidonital cyst definitely must have caused this black and red around my butt.I dont know what to do now.
  • I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. As long as the infection and pain are gone you'll be just fine.Discoloration like you described can often last for some time, often many months but usually fades away gradually on it's own.So in the meantime (unless you walk around naked most of the time) no one's going to see it.
    Painperson 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • The thing is the discoloration looks purpleish blackish. Imagine having a bruised eye. Well thats how my buttcheeks look around the area. If i don't have the surgery, does anyone know if there is any cream you can take to lighten it?
  • The thing is the discoloration looks purpleish blackish. Imagine having a bruised eye. Well thats how my buttcheeks look around the area. If i don't have the surgery, does anyone know if there is any cream you can take to lighten it? Don't fool around with bleaches or cream. Let yourself heal and give yourself time. You are worrying about nothing IMO. DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • hey A, it looks very bruised and i doubt anything would happen b/c it has been like this for 2-2.5 years already. It sucks now b/c i feel like my life is put on hold b/c i dont know if i will be doing surgery or not.
  • The thing is the discoloration looks purpleish blackish. Imagine having a bruised eye. Well thats how my buttcheeks look around the area. If i don't have the surgery, does anyone know if there is any cream you can take to lighten it?I think the more you worry and paranoid you become. .The worse it may get. Really, think about it. You wait a year for this and it got worse. It won't fade in just a matter of days. I think once the doctors finish taking care of you, listen to them and just relax. Watch your diet and it'll slowly progress on getting better.It may be clustered hemorrhoids or something. .I'm not a professional but I'm sure you'll be just fine. :))Take care~!
  • anyone can help?
  • You'd need to give some more information than that i.e what are the symptoms, e.g. pain, swelling, puss, bleeding etc.? How long have you had it for. Do you have any idea how you might have got it? Did you have an accident, a cut or maybe got it from someone else etc.?
    Painperson 12 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hang in there - the more you worry about this, the worse it will get. Just be glad that you have gone to the doctor and that he is taking care of you. In the meantime, make sure your diet is clean and your are drinking enough water. But with professional, medical help, they will clear this up in no time.Also, I don't think it is a tumor...probably is just candidas or an anal fissure or something that is easily treated! Hang in there.As a nurse, I don't think it is a tumor either. We don't give creams for tumors. It sounds like an infection. If the cream or antibiotics do not work, then it may need to be drained. But last I heard, there are no creams for tumors. If he did feel it was ca, chances are he would send you for a biopsy.Use the cream, keep the area clean. A bath might be an idea too, rather than a shower if you are sore.
    yorkiemum 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • try a very hot bath especially if its a cyst. i had one and sat in a hot bath and the next thing I new it burst open with a little squeeze. I've been fine since. Go to you tube and watch other people open cysts to drain them its gross. What comes out is like the consistency of whipped cream cheese and sticky.Good luck
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement