Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Nausea, Fatigue, Dizziness.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Miricli
  • March 27, 2009
  • 10:48 PM

Hello,

I moved about 16 months ago into a town house on a busy road with building sites close by. I had had very little trouble with asthma for many years, however shortly after moving I developed a cough and tightness in my chest. I saw a doctor for this and was given a new asthma medication which got rid of the cough.

A few months after moving I began to have daily nausea, fatigue and dizziness. I also seem to be clumsy (dropping things) and off balance and I become exhausted if I do anything strenuous. I have had these problems for over a year.

My doctors have been treating these symptoms as being separate to the asthma symptoms. Although the cough is gone I still use my inhaler often and have tightness in my chest and find that I take very short breaths, especially at night and often wake up dizzy or with a headache.

I was initially found to have a B12 deficiency. This was treated with a supplement (that I still take) and injections. My levels are now back to normal but the symptoms above have not changed.

I have seen a gastroenterologist who has not found any cause for the constant nausea.

I have had a colonoscopy, gastroscopy, pelvic and abdominal ultrasound, been tested for celiac, thyroid, iron and vitamin D deficiencies. My blood pressure is apparently normal.

I'm a 30 year old Australian female, non smoker, vegetarian.

Is it possible that the nausea, fatigue and dizziness are related to my asthma? I would appreciate any suggestions as my doctors seem to be running out of ideas.

Thank you.

Beth

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement