Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

groin popping and pain!!!

Posted In: Muscle conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 21, 2006
  • 10:16 PM

Hi,

I seem to have strained something, and have occasional very painful popping in my groin. I am trying to figure out what I have done, but cannot identify the injury. Please help!

The painful area is not painful to the touch, no swelling or bruising. There is tightness in the ligament that appears to attach to my pubic bone. If you sit and spread your legs slightly, you can feel the taut strip of tissue I am referring to. THe area hurts if I move in a specific way, essentially, when closing my legs from being spread, or trying to lift my leg while lying on my side. If I move too suddenly, there is a harsh POP which resonates through my hip and HURRRTS. The area aches for hours afterwards. I dont know of any specific injury which preceeded the pain.

I am trying to identify the problem, or at least, the components involved, so that I can decide if I need a Dr. or if it is simply a sprain which will resolve on its own.

Thanks for your help!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• It is probably a hernia. Get to a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 24, 2006
    • 04:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • iliopsaos muscle tear (it pops when tight or injured), you may also have back pain? sean.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 01:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi there i have the same problem,i ride horses and everytime i go to post my groin pops and then its hurts and i have stop my horse from trotting and walk for a little because it hurts so bad.any ideas of as to what it is and or how i can fix this? thankss so much,katelyn.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hi there i have the same problem,i ride horses and everytime i go to post my groin pops and then its hurts and i have stop my horse from trotting and walk for a little because it hurts so bad.any ideas of as to what it is and or how i can fix this? thankss so much,katelyn.This is for someone who may fall into this website because they have that clicking pain groin problem.Even if you are not old, be ware you should have it checked for good old arthritis . Not a romantic diagnosis but a viable answer. That's what I have .
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2010
    • 05:32 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement