Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

ALWAYS cold

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: cupofnoodles27
  • March 26, 2009
  • 09:39 PM

I don't know why, but I am always cold. Even as I'm sitting here, the temperature is 70 degrees and I'm wearing a coat underneath the blanket I'm wrapped up in and I'm still freezing!

If I eat anything cold, even drinking cold tap water, I will begin to freeze. My feet, hands, and nose are always ice cold. My fingernail beds turn purple and/or white and my hands get all splotchy. My upper arms randomly get cold, and sometimes I get a freezing/tingling sensation in my back. I don't smoke and I don't have a thyroid problem. I had my doctor check it last year after I randomly lost 40 pounds (I was always cold prior to losing the weight as well). I should have plenty of muscle mass to keep me warm because I'm an active person. I never sweat no matter how hard I exercise, and if I do, its not very much and it usually makes me cold and clammy. I freeze when I take my clothes off. I have a hard time getting my body temperature up after I get wet. Even if it's just the bottoms of my pants from walking in puddles, it still effects my whole body temperature. No matter what the temperature is outside, even if it's 97 degrees, if there is even a slight breeze, I am cold.

Any ideas? Do you think its low body temperature? A nerve problem? Poor circulation? Any help would be great!

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• anemia/anorexia/hyperthyroiism/hypothyroidism/low adrenal function or insufficiency/mercury toxicity (amalgam illness) /Seasonal affective disorder.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies Flag this Response
  • Cold intolerance can be a thyroid problem. I also am completely cold intolerant. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and that is one of the symptoms. Go to www.cdc.com/cfs for more information on that
    AngilT 13 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am always cold too. If its below 75 F, I'm cold. Even summer nights once the sun goes down, I 'm freezing. I have to wear 2-3 pairs of pants in the winter because I am miserablely cold. I have gotten so many blood tests done. Everything from thyroids, lymes disease, you name it. Everything comes back normal. I tried excerise and taking multivitamins and nothing helps. Whats wrong with me?I don't know why, but I am always cold. Even as I'm sitting here, the temperature is 70 degrees and I'm wearing a coat underneath the blanket I'm wrapped up in and I'm still freezing!If I eat anything cold, even drinking cold tap water, I will begin to freeze. My feet, hands, and nose are always ice cold. My fingernail beds turn purple and/or white and my hands get all splotchy. My upper arms randomly get cold, and sometimes I get a freezing/tingling sensation in my back. I don't smoke and I don't have a thyroid problem. I had my doctor check it last year after I randomly lost 40 pounds (I was always cold prior to losing the weight as well). I should have plenty of muscle mass to keep me warm because I'm an active person. I never sweat no matter how hard I exercise, and if I do, its not very much and it usually makes me cold and clammy. I freeze when I take my clothes off. I have a hard time getting my body temperature up after I get wet. Even if it's just the bottoms of my pants from walking in puddles, it still effects my whole body temperature. No matter what the temperature is outside, even if it's 97 degrees, if there is even a slight breeze, I am cold.Any ideas? Do you think its low body temperature? A nerve problem? Poor circulation? Any help would be great!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 3, 2009
    • 02:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It could be poor circulation... get your heart checked out for good measure.Hope you get better!!
    mirroredmalice 4 Replies
    • October 4, 2009
    • 08:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • There's a part in the brain that regulates temperature--that can be affected in your case but you should rule out heart/glaudular. It can be extremely handicapping--I have a friend like that.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 4, 2009
    • 04:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Maybe it is Raynaud's disease which is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities (the fingers, toes, nose and ears) when exposed to cold temperatures or in response to psychological stress. It is named for Maurice Raynaud.The symptoms include several cyclic color changes:When exposed to cold temperatures, the blood supply to the fingers or toes, and in some cases the nose or earlobes, is markedly reduced; the skin turns pale or white (called pallor), and becomes cold and numb. When the oxygen supply is depleted, the skin colour turns blue (called cyanosis). These events are episodic, and when the episode subsides or the area is warmed, the blood flow returns and the skin colour first turns red (rubor), and then back to normal, often accompanied by swelling and tingling. hugs Haley
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 13, 2009
    • 00:31 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am almost positive that it means you have some kind of reynauds diseas or syndrome.reynauds are of two types one is called primary and the other one is called secondary. secondary reynauds might be accompanied with a auto immune disorder.Do a google reynauds syndrome/diseas to find out more.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 16, 2009
    • 02:26 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement