Discussions By Condition: Heart conditions

Weird sensation in chest

Posted In: Heart conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 21, 2006
  • 01:04 PM

For the past 1 1/2 to 2 years I have had these weird sensations in my the center of my chest. I'm not sure if it's heart related, or what. But my heart feels like it skips a beat or flutters, and it feels like I lose my breath. It just happens for a split second, I grab my chest because sometimes it just feels like an intense sensation when it happens. It's kind of a sharp feeling sensation. They happen at random times.

Well last night was the worst, when I tried to lay down to go to sleep, and I had several of them in succession. I was comtemplating whether or not to go to ER, but I didn't. I stayed up just a little while, layed on couch for while and didn't have another one, finally ended up back in bed with all my clothes just in case I decided to got to ER, but they didn't return. I was worried before when it was just one every once in a while, but now I am really worried now that I have several at one time. I think I am going to setup an appt with GP.

I was reading another post about someone getting diagnosed with ectopic heartbeat, so I guess it's possible it could be that, but I'm not sure.

I am a 26 year old male. 175lbs, I workout and run three times a week, and play a lot of tennis. Non-smoker. decent diet. I don't think I have family history of heart problems, although my 78 year old grandfather did have to have triple bypass heart surgery a couple of weeks ago. Oh, have mild blood pressure issues, that I keep a close eye on. It pretty much averages 131/75.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement