Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

annoying throat clearing

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Mily15
  • November 21, 2006
  • 04:15 AM

I have been clearing my throat for about 7 years now. I know that it is not simply a habit because it sometimes gets better (and sometimes worse). Also, if I force myself not to clear my throat when the need arises, the mucus simply accumulates and dries up, making it harder to breath.

I feel like I have mucus running from the back of my nose and accumulating at the back of my throat, but my nose is almost always dry. After I exercise, the mucus feels thicker and is harder to clear, making it difficult to breath at times. X-rays of my lungs show there is nothing wrong there. The mucus also becomes more abundant when the air is humid, or after I eat. Antacids do not work, nor does drinking milk and water (almost neutral pH) and avoiding foods like coffee and chocolate. I have tried allgery medicine, but that also failed to help. Nasal sprays give no results other than drying up my nose even more and causing nose bleeds.

Any ideas?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement