Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Burning pain in lower-right side?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: j2jpop
  • March 23, 2009
  • 11:25 PM

On the right side of of abdomen, under my rib cage, there is a sort of burning sensation.

A year ago, I would have the same kind of pain in my stomach and my doctor gave me pepcid (an antacid) for it and it went away.

Months ago, a pain started in my right side, but it turned into a sharp pain it would extend my hip and down to where my ovary is. First, I went to a nephrologist where I took a urine test. They found a little protein in my urine but she said that everything looked fine and recommended me to get a pelvic exam by a gynecologist. She couldn't find anything wrong with so she told me it was probably mittelschmerz, ovulation pain, which made sense because it happened in the middle of my cycle.

For the past few months, though, I'd feel the sharp pains for a few days along with the burning pain. The Internet tells me that ovulation pain usually lasts up to 48 hours, but the burning pain lasts beyond that. I'm guessing that the two different sensations are probably unrelated even though just both happened to start around the same time and both be on the right side.

The pain comes and goes; maybe comes for about a week every month. It doesn't hurt enough to be a kidney stone; it's actually a very mild pain most of the time. I'm wondering if this is only the same pain I felt when I had hyperacidity, only it just happens to be concentrated on one side. Is that possible?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement