Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Hot palms and hot soles

Posted In: General well-being 11 Replies
  • Posted By: smokeu187
  • November 18, 2006
  • 05:34 AM

Ok so idk what is up with me but my palms and the bottoms of my feet both get hot at the same time.This just happens randomly but idk it just gets really hot and lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.One time i woke up in the middle of the night and i couldnt go back to sleep because they were so hot.If anyone can help i would be very happy thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• I get that too at times but in my soles (not palms), what causes it I have not a clue. It just comes on and has nothing to do with how hot the rest of me is and is not to do with the weather. I thou do have neurological problems (among with a heap of other problems). What I do when my feet start burning up preventing me from sleeping.. is to wet towels.. and sleep with them in or on wet towels. Ive been also known to be sitting down watching tv with them in a bowl of very cold water, trying to get comfortable cause of the feet heat.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 03:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • dear fellow feet-heat sufferers:don't feel alone, my friends. i too suffer from feet-heat. i know sometimes i'm laying in bed and all of a sudden the bottoms of my feet will get so hot that it's just so uncomfortable. i feel like the skin on my feet is just too thick, and the heat is trapped inside. i feel like putting them through a great big cheesegrater would make them feel better. or you know, some hardcore exfoliation. however, i don't have hot palms or neurological problems. i'm afraid that if the heat-feet issue persists, i just may suffer the same fate. i must admit, the wet towel solution does seem a little unorthodox to me. my advice is to come out from under the blankets and search for a cold piece of mattress and/or wall.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 27, 2007
    • 07:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I've got hot feet tonight and came to the web looking to see if there are any suggestions about it. I don't remember having it very often before but it is a somewhat familiar experience so I guess it happens intermittently for me but not too regularly. It'd be great to have some explanation of it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • sometimes my feet and palms get warm but never to the extent that it burns me, but they get considerably warmer than the rest of my body. I have no idea why though
  • Hi fellows:I am gonna tell you the way you can get rid of this palm or feet heat. I think you've probably seen the cow dung (**** of a cow). All you need is to take some of the **** and leave it in an open place to dry.When dried burn it in an open place untill it converts into ashes. Then simply pick that ash, take a tub full of water and mix the ash in water now dip you hands and feet into it for at least 15 minutes. I assure you that you'll feel much better coz its my personal experience. With Best Wishes...Raza-i-Mustafa Razi
  • sometimes my feet and palms get warm but never to the extent that it burns me, but they get considerably warmer than the rest of my body. I have no idea why thoughNot to scare anyone, but I've had trouble for over 10 years with my palms becoming so hot I had to get cold paks to cool them down. Many times, I've wrapped them in a wet rag, with a fan on them. I though it was because they wouldn't sweat, and held in heat. The doc had no idea what it was. Then last Fall, my feet began doing the same thing. This isn't the typical heat of feet that need out from under the cover. With the palms and the soles of feet, it was a miserable burning sensation like they were in an oven, or had a chemical on them creating a horrid warmth. Well, recently, they diagnosed me as a diabetic. Now, my feet are also tingling, as are my hands (from neuropathy). They say that often burning hands and feet are the predecessor of the numbness. While I realize there are other reasons to have very hot feet and hands (this was only my palms and the soles, not the complete foot or hand), it is something to consider. Also, if I'd had more information, I could have used Urine ketones strips, or even purchased a glucose blood sugar meter and strips at the local pharmacy. You don't need a prescription to check your blood sugar with these. Sometimes, the annual physical....fasting blood sugar numbers don't catch your high or lows. Presently, my numbers are all over the place, and now I have no doubt have been for a number of years. I had two fasting blood sugar tests done in the past 5 years (part of routine physical) and they showed the numbers close to over the normal range, but not over, so all this time I had no idea. Not to scare anyone - but just to make you aware that this is at least one possibility. I'd told several doctors about this, but they were thinking rash - allergy - etc. No one ever mentioned it as a possible sign of diabetes.
  • Not to scare anyone, but I've had trouble for over 10 years with my palms becoming so hot I had to get cold paks to cool them down. Many times, I've wrapped them in a wet rag, with a fan on them. I though it was because they wouldn't sweat, and held in heat. The doc had no idea what it was. Then last Fall, my feet began doing the same thing. This isn't the typical heat of feet that need out from under the cover. With the palms and the soles of feet, it was a miserable burning sensation like they were in an oven, or had a chemical on them creating a horrid warmth. Well, recently, they diagnosed me as a diabetic. Now, my feet are also tingling, as are my hands (from neuropathy). They say that often burning hands and feet are the predecessor of the numbness. While I realize there are other reasons to have very hot feet and hands (this was only my palms and the soles, not the complete foot or hand), it is something to consider. Also, if I'd had more information, I could have used Urine ketones strips, or even purchased a glucose blood sugar meter and strips at the local pharmacy. You don't need a prescription to check your blood sugar with these. Sometimes, the annual physical....fasting blood sugar numbers don't catch your high or lows. Presently, my numbers are all over the place, and now I have no doubt have been for a number of years. I had two fasting blood sugar tests done in the past 5 years (part of routine physical) and they showed the numbers close to over the normal range, but not over, so all this time I had no idea. Not to scare anyone - but just to make you aware that this is at least one possibility. I'd told several doctors about this, but they were thinking rash - allergy - etc. No one ever mentioned it as a possible sign of diabetes. Stonegirl.. interesting post. im one of the old posters on this thread and things have changed for me since i made my other post. (my temp. issue is neurological too by throu another condition rather than diabetes). Originally i had the hot soles.. now instead i get hot palms at times (i used to always have so freezing palms that others used to comment on my cold hands.. not anymore!). i used to also use cold packs from the freezer on my feet. Someone here suggested to just move feet to another spot on the mattress.. but mine used to get far to hot for anything like that to work, it was like having heaters there.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ok so idk what is up with me but my palms and the bottoms of my feet both get hot at the same time.This just happens randomly but idk it just gets really hot and lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.One time i woke up in the middle of the night and i couldnt go back to sleep because they were so hot.If anyone can help i would be very happy thank you This is an allergic reaction. When it happens to me it goes like this: My palms and sometimes the soles of my feet burn and sort of itch. My hands and feet look normal and aren't hot to the touch. It's an internal feeling. The first time it happened, I was awakened and didn't know what to do. I called a nurse friend and she told me to take 50 mg. of benedryl. As soon as that kicked in, it was over. It has happened twice in the past year after eating dinner and I have just identified the common factor in those meals....raw jalapenos. That's what it is for me but doesn't mean that's what it is for you. I have read several posts where others have had similar reactions and thought it was touching the jalapenos. I did not touch them except to put them into a collander to wash them.
    newallergy 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Chakra awakening, that's probably why your doctor has no idea, simply beacuse in his perception of reality chakras don't exist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 1, 2010
    • 01:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Check out "kundalini awakening" on the net .. you will be amazed..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2010
    • 10:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get that too at times but in my soles (not palms), what causes it I have not a clue. It just comes on and has nothing to do with how hot the rest of me is and is not to do with the weather. I thou do have neurological problems (among with a heap of other problems). What I do when my feet start burning up preventing me from sleeping.. is to wet towels.. and sleep with them in or on wet towels. Ive been also known to be sitting down watching tv with them in a bowl of very cold water, trying to get comfortable cause of the feet heat. What I do when my feet start burning up preventing me from sleeping.. is to wet towels.. and sleep with them in or on wet towels. Ive been also known to be sitting down watching tv with them in a bowl of very cold water, trying to get comfortable cause of the feet heat.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2011
    • 09:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement