Discussions By Condition: Head conditions

Headaches, dizziness, fatigue

Posted In: Head conditions 136 Replies
  • Posted By: alive29
  • November 17, 2006
  • 06:58 PM

I have been prone to headaches for a few years now. My father suffers from migranes which I read can be heretitary. My headaches have been worse this year sometimes including nausea but I don't know if I can call them migranes since I'm still able to move around unlike my father who will spend the entire day trying to sleep, not able to eat or talk. This year, however, I've been feeling a lot "different" if that makes sense. From time to time I'd get this strange fatigue feeling almost like I'm drugged. It almost feels like I've been up for days on end yet no matter how much sleep I get I still feel the same. Recently I've been feeling this a lot more maybe a few days a week if not more. It almost seems separate from the headaches since I don't always get the headache along with the fatigue but I do however get headaches more frequently since feeling "different". Another change I've noticed in my body is that my menstual periods have been a lot more painful and heavy since I've been feeling this way. I feel bad cramps almost 5 days before I even get my period and then when I do it's so heavy I'll have to change sanitaries every 2 hours for nearly 4 days straight! I have been thinking that maybe it's low iron since I am allergic to red meat and have never eaten it but I don't know...Well I guess this is beginning to run on but if theres anyone with this simular feeling or and advice it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • I have the same 'drugged' feeling all the time, and also have the headaches. I was hoping to get some sort of idea on this site, but so far could find nothing. If you or anyone else has information, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2007
    • 06:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had that problems for years. Nights spent in the bathroom either one end or the other from headaches. Only to let up after I started my period. the joys of being a female. Living like I was in a fog. Cramping so bad it hurt to breath. I then started to pass out. A simple faint. That is what they called it and put me on a bata blocker. That helped the bad headaches. I got help from getting shots of depo. But every month. Makes one feel very very moody. My poor family. I had endrometrosis. Bad. They ended up taking everthing out. That was the best thing ever. Not what you wanted to hear I'am sure. Sorry.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2007
    • 04:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Could it be iron deficiency if you don't ever eat red meat? Get that checked out just in case. Other probs could be liver toxic overload.1: If you answer yes to 5 of more questions, you may be increasing your risk of pollution to your body.Do you live in a city or by a busy road?Do you speand more than 2 hours per week in traffic?Do you exercise by busy roads?Do you smoke more than 5 cigarettes / day?Do you live or work near people who smoke?Do you bust foods exposed to exhaust fumes?Do you generall? eat non-organic?Do you drink more than 1 unit of alcohol a day?Do you spend a lot of time in fron t of TV or by a VDU?2:CHECK OUT YOUR DETOX POTENTIALScore 1 for every symptom you occasionally have, and 2 for those you have frequently.HEAD headaches, faintness, dizziness, insomnia EYES watery or itchy, swollen, red or sticky eyelids, bags or dark circles, blurred vision EARS Itchy ears, Earaches, ear infections, Drainage from ear, Ringing in ears, hearing loss NOSE Stuffy nose, Sinus problems, Hay fever, Sneezing attacks, Excessive mucus formationMOUTH Chronic coughing, Gagging, frequent need to clear throat, hoarseness, loss of voice, Swollen or discolored tongue, gums, lips, canker sores SKIN Acne, hives, rashes, or dry skin, hair loss, flushing or hot flashes, excessive sweating HEART Irregular or skipped heartbeat, rapid or pounding heartbeat, chest pain LUNGS Cheat congestion, asthma, bronchitis, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing DIGESTION Nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, constipation bloated feeling, belching, or passing gas, heartburn, intestinal/stomach pain JOINTS/ MUSCLES Pain or aches in joints, arthritis, stiffness or limitation of movement, pain or aches in muscles, feeling of weakness or tiredness WEIGHT Binge eating/drinking, craving certain foods, excessive weight, compulsive eating, water retention underweight ENERGY Fatigue, sluggishness, apathy, lethargy, hyperactivity, restlessness MIND Poor memory, confusion poor comprehension, poor concentration poor physical coordination, difficulty in making decisions stuttering or stammering slurred speech, learning disabilities EMOTIONS Mood swings, anxiety, fear or nervousness, anger, irritability or, depression If your total score is above 20 suspicious of a detox problem and clean up your diet.If your total score is above 45 detox potential is under par.If your total score is above 65 - advised to seek the help of a practitioner.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2007
    • 10:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had all of these same symptoms and I was just diagnosed via blood work with Hypothyroidism. If you look up the symptoms of this disorder you will see that they match your symptoms. The only symptom I didn't have was the weight gain, but my doctor said that eventually I would've had that. He put my on Synthroid and I have to take that once a day for the rest of my life. But, atleast I have an answer for why I was feeling "different". That is exactly how I described it to my doctor...I just don't feel right. My period were off and the symptoms were more powerful. I was depressed, had headaches out of the blue every day, very tired, and just felt "out of it". I hope this helps you!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I'm a 23 year old guy and I've been having the symptoms you have all described for the last 2 years or so (except the women specific symptoms). About a year ago I was finally diagnosed with narcolepsy and take a total of 60 mg of amphenamies daily however recently I've begun having these sensations of feeling drugged, being in a haze, feeling like my head was really tight sometimes with a bad headache. I sleep and sleep to no avail, get up and feel I need to lay down right away. Work is difficult as I often lose concentration. I was tested for thyroid problems a while ago but was told everything was fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a sleep study done to see if any of the problems could be related to abnormal sleep issues? The reason I ask is that I'm not 100% convinced that this is all narcolepsy related.
  • Wow I thought I was the only one! I have experienced these symptoms for far to long now and im getting really down about it as its ruling my life. I have a headache practically every day, and feel exhausted for no obvious reason atall. I know exactly what you mean about feeling `out of it` I often feel disconnected to everyone else and cant concentrate for long. The only way I can describe the dizziness is by saying its like being on a boat going over waves on the sea. I havn`t felt `normal` in years. Also my heart races when im trying to go to sleep, and my throat is constantly sore and dry and itchy. If anyone has any idea of what this could be please dont hesitate to tell me, im desperate!thank you
  • Same here, I'm a 25yr old male and feel like I've been drugged for the last 6 years or so - I used to be so mentally agile but not any more and I don't think it can be down to age just yet!I have heard accounts of people that were allergic/intolerant to wheat or gluten and when they started a gluten/wheat-free diet they suddenly came out of the daze after all those years. I went to Drs to see if they could test me for Coeliac disease (the wheat allergy) but the results came back negative. In a way, I kind of wished I did have it so then at least I could do something about it!I think I may try a gluten-free diet for a while anyhow to see if it makes any difference at all. Other than that, the only time I feel 'alive' is after doing some exercise so I will have to keep that up too. Good luck to everyone, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one!
  • went back today but nothing new ill try to get back on here if somthign new happens anything new with your diagnosis?
  • Hi, not sure if this has already been received - I tired to post earlier but a power black out hit just as I was sending. I shall repeat just incase. I have many of these symptoms too - headaches, extreme dizziness leading to nearly balcking out, nausia, extreme muscle fatigue, mental fogginess, spaced out, depressed, (of course who wouldn't be!) plus tingling in my hands and feet, re-occuring sore throats, female pains ..shall I go on? I am 33, diagnosed with Ross River Virus 1 and a half years ago and have not been the same since. Docs say it isn't RRV anymore and don't have a diagnosis for me. My B12 was found to be low and everytime I have a b12 injection it seems to help with many symptoms briefly. Have your b12 checked - they don't always do it and the symptoms of low B12 are nasty. I have recently started on a herbal detox from an excellent herbalist. Sysmptoms have worsened dramatically since doing this but apparently this is part of the detox. If the detox is just bringing the nasties out of my system and the result of this is making me sick - well I'd rather those nasties be out than in. I honestly believe that if you have these kind of symptoms you gotta detox your body through a very good herbalist who will prepare something especially for you and your symptoms. It is a scary ride though but if you have any nasties in your organs or system - I am sure you want to get them out. I don't think diet alone can do it, you may need additional help of herbal medicines - especially if your system has had something ravage through it like a wild fire. Drink heaps and heaps of water during the detox.Modern medicine doesn't always have all the answers - though I wish it did. I have benfitted from alternative therapies like energy work/pranic healing. If you can't afford this type of treatment, learn chi-kung. It is gentle and healing. Find a good instructor and classes that you like. It will help get your energy right. Word of mouth will find you someone. Once you learn some basic chi-kung excercises you can do it from home in your garden. Yoga is another good way to help the body detox but this is more exhausting and you may not be able just yet. Be as pro-active as you can. Don't stop trying and looking. Be as involved in your own healing as you are able. I know how challenging it is on your spirit. You can feel alone but the truth is that there are so many people out there suffering. Hang in there everyone.
  • opps sorry the last post was posted on the wrong thread but i am still having the drugged feeling like you guys/gals
  • Sometimes the whole body just gets out of balance. Headache, sinusitus, nausea then come from the organs not doing their job well - kidneys, liver, intestines etc. We burden them further with processed foods, sweet carbonated drinks, soy and non-organic iron in our bread, vet. med. in our meat, coffee etc, plus all those meds from the doctors.Start with a one-day fast: Overcook baby marrows and cabbage in water, then save this water and discard the rest. Flavour with Trocomare salt only if needed. This brew can be kept in the fridge for a day. It is very nutritious, makes one feel great. Take only this for a day, and drink water. It gives your organs a chance to reset. Take careful note of how it makes you feel. Do 2 or even 3 days if possible. Then start solid food again with veggies, especially cabbage.Meds will only poison you more, of course. Get homeopathic Resque Remedy instead. Add Vitamin-B12 (complex), Omega-3 (salmon oil) and of Vitamin-C 1000 mg (slow release). Walking long distances outside is the best exercise. Here in ZA we get a brilliant homeopathic med called Sinuforce (drops), by Dr A. Vogel of Switzerland. See http://www.naturalproducts.co.za/sinus%20problems.htm - also note they mention food as the main source of sinus problems. The flu and colds are efforts of the body to expel toxins. Here is a wise general site: http://www.westonaprice.org/sitemap.htmlSUGAR plays a role. Doctors can test for hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) but it often gives a false negative. A related problem is too much insulin. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia and http://www.henriettesherbal.com/blog/?p=390 for more. Eliminate ALL simple sugar, artificial sweeteners, processed foods, sweet carbonated drinks, candy etc. Try this: through the day, every hour, eat a bit of cheese and about 15 raisins - always protein and carbs together. Never eat much, but frequently. In between, snack on peeled apples, only a quarter at a time.All this will improve your immune system. Start with the one-day fast as explained - you may be surprised.
    Curly Stooge 319 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• thanks for all the sites and everything and info the doctor said i am hypoglycemic and ive been eatign wheat bread no sugars and all that stuff but nothing has changed . my mom got a book but the guy is a big joke its that "natural cures they dont want you to know about".
  • Actually, he's not a big joke. My chiropractor knows doctors that know him and he is helping people get better. I've read the book and it's quite interesting.
  • hes a joke i read his book and he says he can cure all kinds of things that cant really be cured ..... i dont have the list because my mom sent the book back but one thing..... autism you cant cure that! there where a bunch more but i cant rember them.... but everything he said that he can cure it was all the flushes .... galbalter, canida, liver cleanse, there where like 5 other cleanse and there like 300 bucks each!!! i think hes a joke but maybe im the only one
  • Hi, not sure if this has already been received - I tired to post earlier but a power black out hit just as I was sending. I shall repeat just incase. I have many of these symptoms too - headaches, extreme dizziness leading to nearly balcking out, nausia, extreme muscle fatigue, mental fogginess, spaced out, depressed, (of course who wouldn't be!) plus tingling in my hands and feet, re-occuring sore throats, female pains ..shall I go on? I am 33, diagnosed with Ross River Virus 1 and a half years ago and have not been the same since. Docs say it isn't RRV anymore and don't have a diagnosis for me. My B12 was found to be low and everytime I have a b12 injection it seems to help with many symptoms briefly. Have your b12 checked - they don't always do it and the symptoms of low B12 are nasty. I have recently started on a herbal detox from an excellent herbalist. Sysmptoms have worsened dramatically since doing this but apparently this is part of the detox. If the detox is just bringing the nasties out of my system and the result of this is making me sick - well I'd rather those nasties be out than in. I honestly believe that if you have these kind of symptoms you gotta detox your body through a very good herbalist who will prepare something especially for you and your symptoms. It is a scary ride though but if you have any nasties in your organs or system - I am sure you want to get them out. I don't think diet alone can do it, you may need additional help of herbal medicines - especially if your system has had something ravage through it like a wild fire. Drink heaps and heaps of water during the detox. Modern medicine doesn't always have all the answers - though I wish it did. I have benfitted from alternative therapies like energy work/pranic healing. If you can't afford this type of treatment, learn chi-kung. It is gentle and healing. Find a good instructor and classes that you like. It will help get your energy right. Word of mouth will find you someone. Once you learn some basic chi-kung excercises you can do it from home in your garden. Yoga is another good way to help the body detox but this is more exhausting and you may not be able just yet. Be as pro-active as you can. Don't stop trying and looking. Be as involved in your own healing as you are able. I know how challenging it is on your spirit. You can feel alone but the truth is that there are so many people out there suffering. Hang in there everyone. Please check the "I can't Get a Diagnosis"Forum. Many there are suffering the same symptoms. I also have many of these symptoms and am searching for an answer. It obviously ties in with CFS/ME. Other suggestions have been: Lyme, brucellosis, hypoparathyroid, Hashimoto's thyoiditis, and a few others I can't recall. I also am taking an amphetamine like drug, but the fatigue still breaks through, especially after the effects wear off or if i do not take them for a few days. My B12 was also very low for someone my age. The B12 injections have helped slightly, but I do not think it is my "cure". A woman on the WD site in the section "Misdiagnosis" or another one is the author of a book on B12. Sally something. Please look for that thread also as it has valuable information. I think perhaps that the B12 I am taking is not the correct kind. Whatever you do, do not try supplementing with sublingual B12 on your own. Have it tested first along with the tests this nurse, Sally Polchak, author of the book recommends. Also, it is difficult for others to answer if you submit as "unregistered". Too many unregistered's. Curly is a wealth of information as well. Good luck! Take care.
  • im gonna register on here but i need to go to bed its 5 am but im gonna check those threads out thanks! I had my doctor file out my insurance forms well he was my endocrinoligst but his diagnoses was ... vitamin d deficency which he has given me a prescription for vit d pills to take once a month, hypercalcemia and hypoparathyroidism and he didnt put i have prediabietes. hes a screwy doctor hes foreign which no prob but he doesnt talk much and if you ask him a question he just kinda looks at you. but thats all i have for now take care and ill get a name on here tomarrow
  • I have been having dizziness and a feeling of disconnect like I am on drugs then they lead to panic attacks.....I tried to donate blood the other day, but they would let me because my iron level was 19. So, am goin to get a full blood workup tomorrow. Before I found out about the iron I had gone to a psychiatrist thinking I was losing my mind.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2007
    • 09:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had Migraine headaches for 11 years now, after dealing with everything from nausea, numbness, loss of vision & speech (up to 6x a month) I have finally had a slight break through of what it might be Wolffe parkinson white syndrome- my heart has an extra pathway that they are goign to to in on Oct 1st to fix... they think it may cure my drugged feeling and migraines since my heart & oxygen don't work the way it should due to my heart. I am hoping for the best:)I have been through MRI's, EKG's Total hysterectomy, millions of meds that don't work, depression meds, vertigo (dizziness) and hoping this is the final test to end all my misery, I am 27 years old with 3 children & would finally like to be able to enjoy the the way normal mom's can:):)good luck to everyone out there & i hope the best for you all
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 16, 2007
    • 03:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi,i had similar symptoms....over the pas year i have been in a daze......i forget things easily and i am always tired.......even if i do or dont get my sleep.........i am feeling emotionally weak when normally i am strong.........i am 22 yrs old and i have just been diagnosed with an aneurysm in my brain......normally only in older people they tell me.........but all the proof is there in the tests they have done........so now???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 18, 2007
    • 06:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i am a 21 yr. old female who has been experiencing dizziness and brain fog for around 2 yrs. In Sept. 2005, I would get a feeling of being disconnected which usually is associated with brain fog. In March 2006, I woke up one morning with the room spinning. For the next yr. I would get periods of dizziness and periods of brain fogs. Sometimes they would occur together. I went to every doctor. I got an MRI- thank- g-d that was fine. I went to allergist, opthalmologist.... I went to a ENT that deals with dizziness. I didnt know such a doctor existed. Dizziness is usually associated with an inner ear disorder. I was diagnosed last month with otosclerosis- which is a softening of the ear bones. I was also given a 5hr blood test and was told my sugar levels are not where they should be b/c I am eating too much carbs. I was put on a special diet and was told this will work- in full confidence. I was also given calcium, vitamin D and monocal to take. I take actonel twice a week. For a/o suffering from dizziness, brain fog, tinnitus, ear pain- I suggest u go to an Ent that deals with dizziness
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 19, 2007
    • 03:39 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement