Discussions By Condition: Brain conditions

Pain/Pressure in back of head when I laugh

Posted In: Brain conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: venissa
  • November 17, 2006
  • 04:02 PM

Does this happen to anyone here?

If so, do you know what causes it? Once I stop laughing the pressure/pain eases up. This is not a normal pain from laughing......its different. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I have to stop laughing to make the pain/pressure ease up.

On rare occasions I notice it hurting even when no laughter is involved. At that time it is dull pain and pressure right at the base of my skull.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I have the exact same problem. I never really thought about it being an issue but now that I am older it has been a concern of mine.

When i laugh really hard the bottom on my head seems to swell, tighten, and cause pain. Once I stop the bumps( i like to call the swelling) go away and the pain stops after awhile.

Have you found any other information about this?
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 17, 2014
    • 03:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have just started experiencing this a few months ago and I feel crazy . Whenever I laugh, or am really happy, my head tightens and sometimes feels like it will explode. When my sister from 2,000 miles away surprised me on my. Doorstep , I thought I was going to have a stroke ! Any info would for great!
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 3, 2014
    • 07:12 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement