Discussions By Condition: Pain

Severe Pain in both legs - Front and outside of legs

Posted In: Pain 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ScooterMcGaven
  • March 16, 2009
  • 03:33 PM

Hello all,

My gf has been complaining of severe leg pain mostly at night and mostly when laying down. It occurs all day but is very bad at night and in the morning making her unable to sleep most nights. She recently has been having lower pulses then her normal range. She has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) which causes her to have a rapid pulse while standing. Her new pulse is in the 55-70 range at rest which seems fine but is lower for her then normal. She is on misoprolol and low-ogestel 28 and recently is on lyrica. She has had joint pain for some time as well all over her body but the legs have now become the worse. She has had multiple blood works done with nothing out of the ordinary.

I do not believe it is a sciatic because there is no burning or numbess and it gets worse when laying down. It can't be sports injuries or anything related to that. She is 110lbs and 5'6. Used to be a cross country runner for many years but stopped about 3 years ago. Have tried all kinds of pain killers with no relief. She also has a benign tumor attached to her shoulder bone which throws off her shoulder blade and ribs. Makes it kinda flair out. I am just listing everything because I am out of ideas as is her doctor. :mad:

Any answers or any ways for relief would help us out greatly thanks for your time and sorry if i mispelled somethings.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement