Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

yellow eyes???

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: lleeza
  • November 16, 2006
  • 04:10 PM

MY EYE'S SCLERA FOR SOME REASON ARE YELLOW ( THE WHITE PART OF THE EYE ) AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE WHITER , I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING THAT THERE IS TO TRY, EYE DROPS ETC. DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE BEST SCLERA WHITENING EYEDROPS>>....PLEASE HELP..:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• you might want to get your liver checked out....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 16, 2006
    • 07:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i strongly reccomend that you see a doctor for this. is there any yellowing tint to the color of your skin as well? yellowing eyes and sometime skin are symptoms of jaundice. the yellowing normally appears in a top to bottom progression meaning it starts in face and eyes and slowly works down to your feet. i am not 100% possative but i believe as long as it is diagnoses properly and treated properly than its not exstremely dangerous however there are three different kinds and it is very important that you seek medical attention to be sure of exactly what is going on. it is related to the area of liver function and other important areas. i wish you the best. please be sure to take this seriously. i am assuming you are not familiar with jaundice simple because it is well known to be associated with the yellowing you are inquiring about. if you want to compare otherpossible symptoms it will be very easy to find on the internet.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 04:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • the eyes often show when there is a problem else where, red eyes can often show dehydration, yellow surely suggests some toxins are present in the system, id get a blood test if i were you. Gouranga.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 07:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi ... I have yellow in the whites of my eyes too and I saw two different eye doctors and a primary care physician. They all said I have Pingueculum. They also all said that there was nothing I could do about it oother than try to keep my eyes protected from the sun as often as possible and to wear polarized sunglasses or regular glasses. I asked if there was anything like a tooth whitening symptom for the eyes and they said no! Other than getting a great pair of sunglasses and realizing that I may be more vein that others I have since moved on from caring that much and wear my glasses all year round. A friend has this as well and he finds that if he drinks alot of water it is better. So in no way am I diagnosing ... as others have suggested to you I did go through the blood tests and all to rule out other possibilities but since it is a rare eye condition mentioning it as a possiblity to the eyedoctor my help you to get some answers. you can email me back if you like at soulworks22@aol.com Good luck!PingueculumDefinition | Symptoms | Treatment | Clinic InformationDefinitionA pingueculum is a yellowish patch or bump on the white of the eye, most often on the side closest to the nose. It is not a tumor, but an alteration of normal tissue resulting in a deposit of protein and fat. Unlike a pterygium, a pingueculum does not actually grow onto the cornea. A pingueculum may also be a response to chronic eye irritation or sunlight.SymptomsRednessIrritationInflammationForeign Body SensationThe symptoms described above may not necessarily mean that you have a pingueculum. However, if you experience one or more of these symptoms, contact your eye doctor for a complete exam.TreatmentNo treatment is necessary unless the pingueculum becomes inflammed. A pingueculum does not grow onto the cornea or threaten sight. If it is particularly annoying, a pingueculum may on rare occasions be surgically removed, but the post-operative scar may be as cosmetically objectionable as the pingueculum.Inflammed pinguecula can be treated with lubrication or other eye drops as needed.Clinic InformationFor more information, see the Comprehensive Ophthalmology Clinic and the complete Clinic Services listing of the U-M Kellogg Eye Center.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hmmm.. you might want to check out this website, apparently there a procedure to correct yellowness of the eyes now. http://www.boxerwachler.com/whiteeyes/
  • uh..... maybe you have hepatitis because one of the signs and symptoms are yellowish discoloration of the skin especially on the sclera of the eyes. try to see your doctor....before it gets worst...
  • Do a quick test - go buy a bag of baby carrots and eat the bag within two days. You could just be lacking vitamins and minerals (even if you take multivitamins). I've had this same problem for a while, but I find that when I eat enough carrots, the whites of my eyes turn bleach white!Best of luck!
  • I'm glad at least one person knew what the yellow in the eyes were about. I also have this and it is not from liver damage or jaundice! It is from the sun. It is frustrating for me because it is my eyes so it's easy to notice and most people don't have a clue but they are quick to judge.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2010
    • 04:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing... Ive been told by my doc that I have "gilberts syndrome" google it. Apparently there is nothing you can do I have tried everything. I have heard that flax seed oil may help, and there are also all natural eye patches you can find at health stores. But everybodys different. I think in some cases it is what it is.
  • me too.. i have the same problem..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2010
    • 08:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do a quick test - go buy a bag of baby carrots and eat the bag within two days. You could just be lacking vitamins and minerals (even if you take multivitamins). I've had this same problem for a while, but I find that when I eat enough carrots, the whites of my eyes turn bleach white!Best of luck!Does this really work?? because I have been to the doctors to get my bloodtest and i got the all clear, so apparently nothings wrong with my liver and i dont have jaundice! I should try this baby carrots test because i hate having yellow eyes! :( I dont know what else i can do to get help with my eyes
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 19, 2010
    • 06:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Colloidal Silver made with Distilled Water will fix/Cure Liver Disease...You're Welcome!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 24, 2010
    • 08:30 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement