Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Abdominal Movement

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 36 Replies
  • Posted By: treemendose
  • November 16, 2006
  • 03:24 PM

:eek:I HAVE SEEN AND FELT MOVEMENT IN MY ABDOMEN NEAR BELLY BUTTON AND LOWER ABDOMEN. I HAVE HAD MONTHLY PERIODS AND ONLY FINISHED 1 A FORTNIGHT AGO SO NOT PREGNANT. WHAT COULD THIS BE? I HAVE HAD CHILDREN AND THEY DO FEEL LIKE BABY MOVEMENTS BUT WITH HAVING PERIODS AND MY ABDOMEN IS SQUIGGY EXCEPT FROM THE ODD TIME WHEN I FEEL FIRMNESS AT RIGHT SIDE AND LEFT OF BELLY BUTTON (WHICH MOVES WHEN PUT HAND ON IT) I CANT BE PREGNANT.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

36 Replies:

• some kind of muscle spasms then??
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 11:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ive had similar problem...first thot it was probably wind....but the doc says it happens if one has a bulky uterus or has had a baby recently and the uterus is yet to regain its original shape
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 08:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm 62 and have had similar experiences over the years. I had my last child at age 28. When these phantom movements have occurred, it was very puzzling, but I just wrote them off to one of those curiosities of life. Haven't had any within the last year or so, and there have been no adverse consequences ever.You might want to have a colonoscopy (that should be done once in a while anyhow) and/or a colon cleansing. It's pure speculation on my part, but the thought of parasite (worms) comes to mind. I had a blood test done last year for allergies, and it showed a reaction to parasitic infection, which indicates that I had one at one time (though don't now). My ol gut probably just got to tough for it! :-)The odds are good that this phenomonon will go away for you, but it couldn't hurt to consult with a doctor, if you can find one who specializes in the part of your body that might be an issue (fun trying to figure out what part that might be first!)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 00:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like you probably have a build up of solid mass accumilating somewhere in your intestine, this is very common. Do you have bouts of the runs? Or do you hear gurgling? If you have waste accumilation, the best thing is to completely clear out your bowel (small and large) and find a naturapath that does bowel massage; painful but very effective. Many people have had unnecessary surgery to remove such masses when all is needed is a naturopath who knows what they are doing. I had two some years ago and have never again suffered the symptoms that you described again.If it is not this, then it might very well be muscle contractions from both your uterus and abdoman; children can do wonderful things to the integrity of the body.Agape,searchingsam.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 01:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • thanks for your replies. yes i have noticed that there is some gurgling from time to time but not when i feel the firmness and i also see/feel movement when i dont have gurgling. past couple of days i have had really bad back and tummy cramps too, made worse when i lay down. even if i lay on my side the pain is still there. the movement low in my abdomen is just above pubic bone. its like flutters. i did think i could be pregnant as i had other symptoms and did test but it was neg. i am no longer associating the other symptoms with this pain and movement. doc laughed at me when i said id seen movement, even when i suggested could it be build up of gas type thing, he said that i wouldnt see movement but just possibly feel it, think he thinks im imagining it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2006
    • 03:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You will see movement. When I had my blockage I lay on my back once and watch an emu egg sized lump develop around my navel area and it sure moved when I put my hand on it. And then when I lay on my side it went down.At the time I had a flat belly and was quite thin, so I could literally see my food at times passing along the large intestine and feel its travels.Gurgling doesn't have to be present all the time, it is usually when the small intestine is filling up with liquid or some of the waste in the large intestine is liquifying in order to get passed any blockage. When there is firm waste there won't be gurgling generally, just a lot of pain which can, at times, be debilitating, and this pressure can hurt even when laying down and cause back and stomach ache. I also had heart burn due to the pressure and stress all this was having on my digestive system.All the bestSearchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2006
    • 11:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi, thanks for that.it sounds like this could be the answer im looking for.will mention it to drs.i am usually a size 10 but have recently had to go up a size as my abdomen is slightly bloated. i too have had a few bouts of heartburn lately. did you have any other symptoms with this? i have been having more frequent urination. there has been the odd time when i feel a bit sick which i suppose would be an effect of this.was talking to my mum about it the other day as she has had ibs for a few years and i remembered her being very uncomfortable a while back with bloatedness and cramps. she reminded me that i began having similar symptoms a few yrs ago. she remembers i was almost in tears as i looked about 6 months pregnant. didnt really have any discomfort from it at the time but i suppose it is just getting worse over the years and since i have had kids. i have started eating actimel yoghurts to see if it helps as it has helped my mum. i wasnt in as much pain lastnight as i have been so maybe thay are taking effect.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 22, 2006
    • 10:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I used to have abdominal fluttering before doing a parasite cleanse and colonics/enemas. There are intestinal worms (parasites) that move, reproduce, feed off the host as well as urinate and defecate. There is a wonderful book Colon Health by Dr. Norman Walker as well as a few parasite books that describe over 300 types of parasites that come from our food, water, handshakes, pets etc. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i feel movement slightly left from belly button. doctor thinks its eather gas or i'm emagening it. i know its definetely not gas.I had tests and CAT scan done. they found no explanation for movement.I also do not know what to do now. it really bothers me. feels like something touching my skin from inside.
  • i been been feeling the same where i have beem felling movement in my stomach, its really stressing me out because know can tell me what it is! I have done pregnacy test and i am not pregnant so i dont know.i have not loo long ago had my gore stones removed but im only 23 years old and cant understand why this is happening to me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2009
    • 03:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I would do another pregnancy test, they can be wrong numerous times before getting a positive result if the hcg is low.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2009
    • 09:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Well, it's all strange. I would really like to know the result of this. If you ever know, please tell us =/ Hope you're fine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2010
    • 04:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been feeling this too! I thought I may have gotten pregnant in Sept but have taken three tests with all negatives, no weight gain, nor actually getting a larger stomach. I am just feeling movement inside. The place where I feel it moves all around. And then today I was sitting on the couch and I actually saw my stomach move with the feeling. So I am still really unsure. I still have my regular period and no other signs of pregnancy I don't think and numerous negative tests so I'm at a loss as to what's going on!! Either I am 5 months pregnant with my third child and not showing (unlikely..) or I would really like to know what might be going on! If you ever find out let me know!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2010
    • 01:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am so glad I found this blog - I honestly thought I was going mad lolI'm 25 and had my 2nd child 19 months ago. I've been feeling abdominal movement for months now but over the last few weeks it's become more frequent. i did miss a period in August but put that down to the stress of getting married the month before and shortly after this I have clearly seen my belly jump twice that I can only describe as been kicked from the inside, this has only happen the two times in august and not since and I haven't missed any more periods but as I said the movement has become more frequent and the thing that worries me the most is the pain I'm experiencing. This pain starts off as heartburn but not in my chest, it underneath my right breast and all down the right side of my stomach and across my navel, it becomes worse if I lie down and last for hours at a time and has on many occasion's reduced me to tears. During in the time I am experiencing this pain my abdomen contracts its very weird. I don't have any pregnancy related symptom's and have done a pregnancy test a week ago that came back negative.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2010
    • 11:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Go see a doctor. It could be spasms of your colon. It could be irritable bowel syndrome. The important thing is to see a doctor. I just did. It will make you feel better knowing that a professional is looking into it.
  • I am so glad I found this blog - I honestly thought I was going mad lolI'm 25 and had my 2nd child 19 months ago. I've been feeling abdominal movement for months now but over the last few weeks it's become more frequent. i did miss a period in August but put that down to the stress of getting married the month before and shortly after this I have clearly seen my belly jump twice that I can only describe as been kicked from the inside, this has only happen the two times in august and not since and I haven't missed any more periods but as I said the movement has become more frequent and the thing that worries me the most is the pain I'm experiencing. This pain starts off as heartburn but not in my chest, it underneath my right breast and all down the right side of my stomach and across my navel, it becomes worse if I lie down and last for hours at a time and has on many occasion's reduced me to tears. During in the time I am experiencing this pain my abdomen contracts its very weird. I don't have any pregnancy related symptom's and have done a pregnancy test a week ago that came back negative.I spoke to my doctor about similar symptoms and he thinks it may be gallstones. I'm having a scan to check it out next week. I'm so glad to have found this forum, I don't feel so alone now with these weird symptoms!
  • I am so glad I found this blog - I honestly thought I was going mad lolI'm 25 and had my 2nd child 19 months ago. I've been feeling abdominal movement for months now but over the last few weeks it's become more frequent. i did miss a period in August but put that down to the stress of getting married the month before and shortly after this I have clearly seen my belly jump twice that I can only describe as been kicked from the inside, this has only happen the two times in august and not since and I haven't missed any more periods but as I said the movement has become more frequent and the thing that worries me the most is the pain I'm experiencing. This pain starts off as heartburn but not in my chest, it underneath my right breast and all down the right side of my stomach and across my navel, it becomes worse if I lie down and last for hours at a time and has on many occasion's reduced me to tears. During in the time I am experiencing this pain my abdomen contracts its very weird. I don't have any pregnancy related symptom's and have done a pregnancy test a week ago that came back negative.Ok so glad I found this blog too. I thought I was going crazy. This feeling feels like a baby, and I know I’m not pregnant when I describe the feeling people laugh at me. I have a doctor’s appointment this week and I hope she can tell me exactly what’s going on.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 25, 2010
    • 06:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Its amazing how many of us are feeling the same way all at the same time. Not to be to graphic but, I woke up 6:30am Thursday morning spotting and vomiting not knowing what was going on especially since I just got over my period last week. I tried calling my dr. to make an appointment but they were booked so I ended up going to the ER. They did a urine and pelvic exam. He said he didn't feel anything abnormal but I can possibly have an infection, so I said to him what kind of infection and he told me it was in my bladder and possibly my kidney since I've been having a lot of pressure and pain in my lower right side of my back. The dr. wrote me a script for cipro and discharged me. I didn't feel any movement until later on that night, it honestly felt like a baby moving. I have 2 kids so I know the feeling, and it feels the same exact way. The movement is in the lower left of my stomach. I've also been peeing like crazy from all the pressure. I am definitely not pregnant, but most of the symptoms are there. I am calling my dr. tomorrow morning to make an appointment to get check again. I want a sonigram and all to see what the heck is wrong with me!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 27, 2010
    • 05:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Its amazing how many of us are feeling the same way all at the same time. Not to be to graphic but, I woke up 6:30am Thursday morning spotting and vomiting not knowing what was going on especially since I just got over my period last week. I tried calling my dr. to make an appointment but they were booked so I ended up going to the ER. They did a urine and pelvic exam. He said he didn't feel anything abnormal but I can possibly have an infection, so I said to him what kind of infection and he told me it was in my bladder and possibly my kidney since I've been having a lot of pressure and pain in my lower right side of my back. The dr. wrote me a script for cipro and discharged me. I didn't feel any movement until later on that night, it honestly felt like a baby moving. I have 2 kids so I know the feeling, and it feels the same exact way. The movement is in the lower left of my stomach. I've also been peeing like crazy from all the pressure. I am definitely not pregnant, but most of the symptoms are there. I am calling my dr. tomorrow morning to make an appointment to get check again. I want a sonigram and all to see what the heck is wrong with me!!!Would you mind if i asked you what happened. I am experiencing Exactly the same thing to which you have described. I have 2 kids so know the feeling and it feels exactly the same as a baby moving. I am at a loss! Been to the doctors he doesnt know!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2011
    • 09:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What did you find out from your doctor? I am having the same problem for almost two months. Four urine pregnancy tests negative and one blood test negative. I am also experiencing other pregnancy symptoms and definitely feels like a baby moving in there. I had my son two years ago and it feels the same as his movement in my abdomen. I don't want to be pregnant so I'm glad I'm not but not knowing what is going on is driving me crazy since the movements keep happening. I did have a lot of abdomen discomfort for over a month and some bad pain a few days, hence the doctors visits and testing. All I know so far according to them is that I'm not pregnant, and my liver and kidneys are functioning normally. Next step is more blood tests and a possible CT of my abdomen. I've been taking some intestinal flora daily for about a week and that seems to have gotten rid of the pressure and discomfort but the movement/flutters are regular through out the day, every day. Its amazing how many of us are feeling the same way all at the same time. Not to be to graphic but, I woke up 6:30am Thursday morning spotting and vomiting not knowing what was going on especially since I just got over my period last week. I tried calling my dr. to make an appointment but they were booked so I ended up going to the ER. They did a urine and pelvic exam. He said he didn't feel anything abnormal but I can possibly have an infection, so I said to him what kind of infection and he told me it was in my bladder and possibly my kidney since I've been having a lot of pressure and pain in my lower right side of my back. The dr. wrote me a script for cipro and discharged me. I didn't feel any movement until later on that night, it honestly felt like a baby moving. I have 2 kids so I know the feeling, and it feels the same exact way. The movement is in the lower left of my stomach. I've also been peeing like crazy from all the pressure. I am definitely not pregnant, but most of the symptoms are there. I am calling my dr. tomorrow morning to make an appointment to get check again. I want a sonigram and all to see what the heck is wrong with me!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2011
    • 00:56 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement