Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Rash, bruises, itching

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 15, 2009
  • 03:13 AM

Can someone help diagnose me? I am an 18 year old female. I’ve noticed three symptoms (I do not know if they are related/ have the same cause or not).
1. After I shower, I get this rash on my back, shoulders, chest, and area just below the ribcage. It looks blotchy with some raised areas that resemble mosquito bites—light bumps surrounded by redness. It itches a lot. I’ve tried changing my shampoo, conditioner, and soap, to no avail. This has been going on for a while.
2. More recently, I’ve noticed a lot of bruising on my thighs and some on my arms. Around 7-8 bruises in all, and I don’t remember bumping anything.
3. A little uncomfortable mentioning this but the area around my vagina inches a ton.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Hi nwmpl,It's hard to tell if your symptoms are related. Some questions...1.) Does the "post-shower" rash resolve quickly? Does this rash occur at any time other than while showering?2.) How large are the bruises on your arms/legs? Have you always bruised easily or is this only recent? Do you ever have excessive bleeding from a cut?3.) Is the itchiness in your groin constant? Is it limited to your outer pubic area or is it also actual vaginal itching? Does it increase in intensity at night? Is there any type of rash present there?Regards,John
    JonMac 165 Replies Flag this Response
  • 1) It resolves in a few hours, and it only appears when showering 2) They are abou thte size of a quarter, some a bit less. This is only recent. No excessive bleeding from a cut (haven't had any cuts recently though). 3)limited to outer pubic area Thanks!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • You might want to get checked for herpes 2 with a blood test. You could have it vaginally and spread it due to blisters in your vaginal area. It could also be shingles. Hard to say. It could just be yeast. Better get a check up.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi again nwmpl,I don't think that your symptoms below are related:Can someone help diagnose me? I am an 18 year old female. I’ve noticed three symptoms (I do not know if they are related/ have the same cause or not).1. After I shower, I get this rash on my back, shoulders, chest, and area just below the ribcage. It looks blotchy with some raised areas that resemble mosquito bites—light bumps surrounded by redness. It itches a lot. I’ve tried changing my shampoo, conditioner, and soap, to no avail. This has been going on for a while.This seems most likely to be heat urticaria (fancy medical term for hives). Urticarial skin lesions appear due to histamine release caused by heat or after bathing with hot water. While it can be a nuisance, it usually, as you said, resolves on its own without treatment. It's not a serious condition.2. More recently, I’ve noticed a lot of bruising on my thighs and some on my arms. Around 7-8 bruises in all, and I don’t remember bumping anything."Spontaneous" bruising occurs in women is more common than in men. It's most often not of great concern, but it can be indicative of an underlying blood or liver disorder. If it persists/worsens you should see your primary care physician for some labwork to rule out any serious pathology.3. A little uncomfortable mentioning this but the area around my vagina inches a ton. Any ideas? Thanks.Since you have said that the itchiness is limited to your outer pubic area, in the absence of any vaginal/labial lesions and/or vaginal discharge, it's unlikely (but not completely out of the question) that you have genital herpes. If the possibility is of concern you can certainly request to be screened for HSV-2 with a simple blood test.The itchiness may be due to a simple dermatitis. Intense pubic itchiness however, is frequently indicative of pthius pubis (pubic lice or "crabs"). This is easily transmitted from an affected partner during times of intimacy. To determine if you have contracted pubic lice you need to examine your pubic area carefully (a magnifying glass is helpful) for the presence of lice or nits (eggs). What you are looking for this:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Pthius_pubis_-_crab_louse.jpgShould you find any, treatment with an OTC form of topical permethrin 1% is easy and very effective.If I can offer any further info you may certainly email me: jonmac391v@comcast.netBe well!!John
    JonMac 165 Replies Flag this Response
  • Can someone help diagnose me? I am an 18 year old female. I’ve noticed three symptoms (I do not know if they are related/ have the same cause or not).1. After I shower, I get this rash on my back, shoulders, chest, and area just below the ribcage. It looks blotchy with some raised areas that resemble mosquito bites—light bumps surrounded by redness. It itches a lot. I’ve tried changing my shampoo, conditioner, and soap, to no avail. This has been going on for a while.2. More recently, I’ve noticed a lot of bruising on my thighs and some on my arms. Around 7-8 bruises in all, and I don’t remember bumping anything.3. A little uncomfortable mentioning this but the area around my vagina inches a ton. Any ideas? Thanks.Hi!I am showing the same symptoms except the vagina itching. Can you please tell me what was the conclusion? Did you get it checked with a doctor? If so what did he/she say?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 25, 2010
    • 01:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same itching in vagina and i have a rash and bruising on my arms and buttox. What coul it beCan someone help diagnose me? I am an 18 year old female. I’ve noticed three symptoms (I do not know if they are related/ have the same cause or not).1. After I shower, I get this rash on my back, shoulders, chest, and area just below the ribcage. It looks blotchy with some raised areas that resemble mosquito bites—light bumps surrounded by redness. It itches a lot. I’ve tried changing my shampoo, conditioner, and soap, to no avail. This has been going on for a while.2. More recently, I’ve noticed a lot of bruising on my thighs and some on my arms. Around 7-8 bruises in all, and I don’t remember bumping anything.3. A little uncomfortable mentioning this but the area around my vagina inches a ton. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 14, 2010
    • 08:15 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement