Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

I have brown indented spots all over body; Help!!

Posted In: Medical Stories 3 Replies
  • Posted By: bigherm
  • March 10, 2009
  • 02:03 AM

Hello, I have brown indented spots that are spreading all over my body and I don't know what it is.

I read and article and saw some pictures of Diabetes Dermopathy which seems to identify with some of the marks on my shins but the problem with this is that the site only speaks about this marks being on the skin alone.

http://www.diabetesandrelatedhealthissues.com/diabeticdermopathy.html

What mad me feel kind of positive about the site is that it had more links which let me to this link:

http://www.diabetesandrelatedhealthissues.com/skindisorders.html

One of the points of identifying my problem is that I got this stye in my eye that has been there for a lest 10 months and it does not look like its going anywhere soon.

Anyways, I have these same oval or round indented marks on my arms, back, legs/thigh, stomach and other places that I have not bothered to look.

I was an alcoholic and a smoker (cigarettes) for several years. Once I got off of the bottle I began to eat about a pound of chocolate a day. I went from 210 to 257 in a period of 10 months, but now I'm back down in weight which is 196. It seems as soon as I dropped the weight through eating better these spots started showing up in the droves. I'm now 37 turning 38 this year. The first time I really noticed these spots was when I hit a table on my shin and it hurt terribly bad. The spot became black but then I started noticing these same spots (indented brown circular spots) on my side area of my stomach.

I also started noticing small white spots as well which is what gave me the courage to post on this site.

I would really appreciate it if I can get some answer or even some leads if possible.

Thank you Kindly,

BigHerm

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• My mom was a type 2 diabetic and had those spost all over her lower legs. I am prediabetic and I have some of those spots as well. Like you I ate way to much chocolate and sugar for years. I am controlling my symptoms with my diet and exersise and it is working great. You should see a doctor soon, so that you are able to rule diabetes in or out. Untreated diabetes can cause blindness and kidney failure and more. It is easily treated and if you don't have very high sugar levels it is even treatable thru diet. See your doctor... Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • My mom was a type 2 diabetic and had those spost all over her lower legs. I am prediabetic and I have some of those spots as well. Like you I ate way to much chocolate and sugar for years. I am controlling my symptoms with my diet and exersise and it is working great. You should see a doctor soon, so that you are able to rule diabetes in or out. Untreated diabetes can cause blindness and kidney failure and more. It is easily treated and if you don't have very high sugar levels it is even treatable thru diet. See your doctor... KieraI like to thank both post for your quick response ... I chose this post in particular because I was wondering if these spots showed up in different areas yours or your mothers body?That's the part that scare me most is that I see them popping up as perfect indented circles on my back, arms, stomach and thighs. Do these spots stop at the shins or do they keep traveling.Blaze: Thank you for the information.
    bigherm 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, she had them on her arms and chest as well. You should try not to worry too much, because as soon as you see a doctor and get whatever is going on under control, you will most likely be fine. But the longer you wait the more damage you are doing to vital body parts if you have diabetes. Kiera
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement