Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Concussion made worse by alcohol?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Eric_85
  • November 14, 2006
  • 02:32 AM

My previous post shows my symptoms: http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=4097

Well, I was just informed I hit my head last Sunday night (November 5th) and may be suffering from a concussion. Do any of the board members know how much drinking about 16 beers in two hours (for a BAC of .41), less than a day after I hit my head, would affect my recovery from a concussion? I didn't even feel that abnormal (just like I had a prolonged hangover) until after I drank that much - then the effects came up on me out of nowhere the next day.

Apparently, even knowing these symptoms, people who saw me hit my head (I don't remember it) didn't feel it necessary to inform me that it had happened until today, more than a week later. And if I had known after it had happened, I wouldn't have gone and drank the hardest I ever had. Now it seems likely that my recovery is affected and that some of these problems may be here to stay.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement