Discussions By Condition: Thyroid conditions

Can thyroid problems effect your swallowing and breathing?

Posted In: Thyroid conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 3, 2009
  • 04:34 AM

I have been having a lot of problems recently with both issues. Over the last two months I have been having problems with my throat I sometimes feel like there is a ball stuck inside of it constantly. I get this strange throbbing feeling in my throat at times it comes and goes though. I have had some difficulty swallowing food and liquids, and sometimes it gets to the point where I feel I cant swallow saliva.

I have to have my thyroid checked soon, so I was just wondering if any of these symptoms sound familiar?

It is hard to deal with... occasionally I feel I can't breathe well enough, but it comes and goes.
:(

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• You should see a doctor you trust in order to assess your symptoms. The sensation you describe (called globus sensation), can present in a number of conditions both benign and malignant. If you suffer from acid reflux disease, you can talk your doctor about a GI referral for endoscopy or imaging. You could also be having issues with your thyroid (nodules). If you already have a thyroid condition, an endocrinologist will be able to help. Listen to your body, and have the doctor take you seriously
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 2, 2014
    • 07:19 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement