Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Dull Pain in Lower Abdomen

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 2, 2009
  • 02:09 PM

For the past couple days I've been having a recurring, dull pain in my lower abdomen (below the belly button). It started out relatively painful Saturday night (2/28) when I was trying to fall asleep, almost like a pain from diarrhea (which it wasn't). I was also slightly nauseous, which would become worse when I'd lay on my side or stomach. I'm not sure if it was nerves or what about possibly throwing up, but my entire body also started trembling. This lasted for about an hour. I looked this up online and the only explanation was a panic attack, which I suppose could have been since I'm very afraid of throwing up. Anyway, I woke up almost every hour throughout the night with the pain.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling a little better, but the pain was still there. I could eat very little for breakfast because I had no appetite. I then went to work. During the morning I felt bad but the pain was gone for the most part. When the afternoon came, I was able to eat again.

From then until now (3/2), the pain would be dull and sporatic. I'd feel fine for a little while, then I'd get the pain for a few seconds (usually no longer than a minute). It would then come back anywhere from a couple minutes later to a couple hours later.

Here's some more information that might be relevant:

- 19 year old male
- No intestinal/digestive problems, either myself or in the family history
- Having no trouble urinating or BM
- The pain is spread pretty evenly throughout my lower abdomen. It doesn't occur more on one side than another.
- The pain, for the most part, is below the belly button. But on that first night, it spread more to my upper abdomen.
- No drugs, alcohol, medication, etc.
- Passing a bit more gas than usual
- Appetite still isn't perfect, but I have the urge to eat again

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement