Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Frequent urination, cramps, lower back pain & more!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 24 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 1, 2009
  • 05:04 AM

This has been going on since October 2008 (5 months) and no one has been able to help!

Back in October I got sick with a cold/flu and mild ear ache. I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics which made it go away in a couple days. I don't know if they caused the following problems to happen or if it was simply a coincidence.

One night (while I was taking antibiotics) I started to get what felt like period cramps and lower back pain. I assumed I must be starting my period... WRONG! After a while I felt like I had to pee every 5-10 minutes. I couldn't sleep at all because I had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom. This went on for a couple days and then felt like it was starting to go away. I assumed it must have been a bladder/UTI infection and shrugged it off because I was starting to feel better.

About a week or so went by and it came back full force! I went to the mall with my mom and had to go pee after every store! This time it didn't go away after a couple days so I went to the doctors. I told him I had frequent urination, cramps and lower back pain and thought it might be a UTI. He did a dip stick test on my urine which came back negative, no infection. He drew my blood and sent the blood and urine to the lab for further testing. Because I was complaining of cramps he told me I needed to get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen. The CT scan results were completely normal, no masses, no kidney stones... nothing! I started feeling a little better so he said he didn't think anything was wrong with me.

After a week or so it came back again! I went to the doctors and he did another dip stick test on my urine. Again the results were negative, no infection but this time there were traces of blood in my urine. I was on my period at the time so we figured it was probably just contamination from my period. He gave me Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) and said if there was some kind of infection going on that should kill it. I took the Cipro and nothing happened. I was still having all the symptoms.

At some point I started noticing yellow vaginal discharge. I don't remember when I first noticed it because it seemed to change daily. Sometimes it was creamy white, sometimes is was sticky clear and sometimes it was creamy yellow. Sometimes is was really heavy and sometimes I didn't have any at all. It was never consistent and I NEVER experienced the typical vaginal infection symptoms (burning, itching or foul fishy smell) so I didn't think it was related until I had exhausted all the other possibilities and decided to go to a gynecologist.

The gynecologist did a pap smear, culture and tested me for the usual STDs. All came back normal! But during the exam he said my cervix was inflamed and I had cervical cysts. He proscribed me Metronidazole gel (antibiotic inserted directly into the vagina). I used it and again nothing happened! I was still having all the same symptoms.

I went back to the gynecologist and he examined me again and said the inflammation and cervical cysts were gone and I was fine. BUT I WAS STILL PEEING ALL THE TIME AND HAVING PERIOD-LIKE CRAMPS AND LOWER BACK PAIN!!! How is that fine??? By this time everyone had my convinced it was all in my head and nothing was really wrong with me. So I let it go for a week and tried not to focus on it but the symptoms persisted.

I went BACK to the gynecologist (this time I saw another doctor). The new gynecologist said I had a lot of discharge and my cervix was inflamed (either it was still inflamed from before or it came back). He prescribed me Ciprofloxacin for 10 days (the antibiotic I took before) and scheduled an appointment for me to get Cryotherapy (where they freeze off the infection with liquid nitrogen all done in the doc office).

After taking Cipro for 7 days and seeing no signs of improvement I went back to the doctors to get another antibiotic because it didn't seem to be working. I saw yet another gynecologist! She examined me and said my cervix was a little red but not inflamed and although there was a lot of discharge it all seemed to look normal, no infection. She felt around inside and pushed on different things to see if I felt any pain and I was completely fine, nothing hurt. She said Cipro is like a bomb and should have killed the UTI and anything else in my system. She said sometimes colorful discharge is normal. Since I wasn't experiencing any itching or burning or foul smells it was ok even though it was really heavy. She asked me if I bleed/spot in between periods and I said no. She basically said I was fine and sent me on my way even though I told her I feel like I'm about to start my period EVERY DAY! I have cramps and vaginal aches EVERYDAY!

It has been 5 months and no one has been able to help me. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated because this is ruining my life! I'm depressed all the time and I feel like I'm never going to feel 100% normal again. Every time I go to the doctor they send me home saying I'm fine. I DONT FEEL FINE! I know there is something going on with me! I know what normal feel like and this isn't it. I don't want it to be something minor that gets out of control because it was left untreated for so long! I want this to go away! If you have any ideas what this could be please post them! Or things I should consider asking my doctor about. I've seen 4 doctors and no one knows what's wrong.

Thank you!
Crystal H.

Reply Flag this Discussion

24 Replies:

• The nature of your disease still sounds infectious and the impression is of some kind of pelvic inflammatory disease. Try asking for a Chlamydia PCR or NAAT test.Ciprofloxacin, while excellent against gonorrhea, has poor cover for intracellular bacteria such as chlamydia trachomatis. Routine culture swabs will not pick up chlamydia.Ask for a course of doxycycline or erythromycin to see if it clears up your infection. Also you should ask your sexual contacts to refer to their GPs.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had to pee all the time 9 years ago, but I also had symptoms of bleeding for 21 days in a row and SEVERE cramps. I had to surgically have a fibroid removed from my uterus. You aren't experiencing all those symptoms. Maybe could it be hormonal? I don't know, but hormones that are out of whack I would think could cause feelings of feeling like you're going to start. It's worth a blood test.
  • What ever happened with your diagnosis? I am having similar problems which have been going on for the past two months. The only time I feel relief is during my period, but I do have some bleeding between periods. And my period last month was extremely light, but this month it was extra heavy. All other symptoms are the same. Frequent urination and pain all the time. And I've had some discharge too. I have had ovarian cysts before and I assumed that's what is happening to me now, because it feels the same, except before it always went away after one cycle. Perhaps you have an ovarian cyst too? This is now the third cycle with the same symptoms! It's driving me crazy. I have had frequent UTI's in the past and assumed that's what this was at first, but the antibiotics didn't really do anything. I took doxycyclin. I'm worried about ovarian or bladder cancer. I know it's unlikely, but not impossible. I'd feel better if I just knew what was wrong. And I recently lost my health insurance so I don't know what to do. I want to go to the doc but I'm afraid it's going to be serious and then when I try to get insurance with a new job, I won't be able to do anything about it because it will be a prexisting condition. Any insight would be helpful...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 12, 2009
    • 03:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am going through the same exact thing. People are telling me these are signs of pregnancy. I took two tests and both came back negative. I don't know if I should continue taking tests or what. Did you ever find out the problem?Kim
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 27, 2009
    • 04:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am going through the same exact thing. People are telling me these are signs of pregnancy. I took two tests and both came back negative. I don't know if I should continue taking tests or what. Did you ever find out the problem?KimI am going through the same thing. I thought it was signs of pregnancy but then my period although irregular came so I thought I was ok. I still feel the same way,frequent urination,cramps,lower back pain so I took another test and the test was negative. I dont have any signs of an infection or an STD and just got tested last month and the test were all negative. I am so confuse.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 03:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Crystal and others,Did any if you ever get a diagnosis? I am having this same exact thing going on. Tomorrow I am having An ultrasound tomorrow. Sooo scared of cancer. Help,Marney This has been going on since October 2008 (5 months) and no one has been able to help! Back in October I got sick with a cold/flu and mild ear ache. I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics which made it go away in a couple days. I don't know if they caused the following problems to happen or if it was simply a coincidence.One night (while I was taking antibiotics) I started to get what felt like period cramps and lower back pain. I assumed I must be starting my period... WRONG! After a while I felt like I had to pee every 5-10 minutes. I couldn't sleep at all because I had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom. This went on for a couple days and then felt like it was starting to go away. I assumed it must have been a bladder/UTI infection and shrugged it off because I was starting to feel better. About a week or so went by and it came back full force! I went to the mall with my mom and had to go pee after every store! This time it didn't go away after a couple days so I went to the doctors. I told him I had frequent urination, cramps and lower back pain and thought it might be a UTI. He did a dip stick test on my urine which came back negative, no infection. He drew my blood and sent the blood and urine to the lab for further testing. Because I was complaining of cramps he told me I needed to get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen. The CT scan results were completely normal, no masses, no kidney stones... nothing! I started feeling a little better so he said he didn't think anything was wrong with me.After a week or so it came back again! I went to the doctors and he did another dip stick test on my urine. Again the results were negative, no infection but this time there were traces of blood in my urine. I was on my period at the time so we figured it was probably just contamination from my period. He gave me Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) and said if there was some kind of infection going on that should kill it. I took the Cipro and nothing happened. I was still having all the symptoms. At some point I started noticing yellow vaginal discharge. I don't remember when I first noticed it because it seemed to change daily. Sometimes it was creamy white, sometimes is was sticky clear and sometimes it was creamy yellow. Sometimes is was really heavy and sometimes I didn't have any at all. It was never consistent and I NEVER experienced the typical vaginal infection symptoms (burning, itching or foul fishy smell) so I didn't think it was related until I had exhausted all the other possibilities and decided to go to a gynecologist.The gynecologist did a pap smear, culture and tested me for the usual STDs. All came back normal! But during the exam he said my cervix was inflamed and I had cervical cysts. He proscribed me Metronidazole gel (antibiotic inserted directly into the vagina). I used it and again nothing happened! I was still having all the same symptoms. I went back to the gynecologist and he examined me again and said the inflammation and cervical cysts were gone and I was fine. BUT I WAS STILL PEEING ALL THE TIME AND HAVING PERIOD-LIKE CRAMPS AND LOWER BACK PAIN!!! How is that fine??? By this time everyone had my convinced it was all in my head and nothing was really wrong with me. So I let it go for a week and tried not to focus on it but the symptoms persisted.I went BACK to the gynecologist (this time I saw another doctor). The new gynecologist said I had a lot of discharge and my cervix was inflamed (either it was still inflamed from before or it came back). He prescribed me Ciprofloxacin for 10 days (the antibiotic I took before) and scheduled an appointment for me to get Cryotherapy (where they freeze off the infection with liquid nitrogen all done in the doc office). After taking Cipro for 7 days and seeing no signs of improvement I went back to the doctors to get another antibiotic because it didn't seem to be working. I saw yet another gynecologist! She examined me and said my cervix was a little red but not inflamed and although there was a lot of discharge it all seemed to look normal, no infection. She felt around inside and pushed on different things to see if I felt any pain and I was completely fine, nothing hurt. She said Cipro is like a bomb and should have killed the UTI and anything else in my system. She said sometimes colorful discharge is normal. Since I wasn't experiencing any itching or burning or foul smells it was ok even though it was really heavy. She asked me if I bleed/spot in between periods and I said no. She basically said I was fine and sent me on my way even though I told her I feel like I'm about to start my period EVERY DAY! I have cramps and vaginal aches EVERYDAY! It has been 5 months and no one has been able to help me. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated because this is ruining my life! I'm depressed all the time and I feel like I'm never going to feel 100% normal again. Every time I go to the doctor they send me home saying I'm fine. I DONT FEEL FINE! I know there is something going on with me! I know what normal feel like and this isn't it. I don't want it to be something minor that gets out of control because it was left untreated for so long! I want this to go away! If you have any ideas what this could be please post them! Or things I should consider asking my doctor about. I've seen 4 doctors and no one knows what's wrong.Thank you!Crystal H.
  • Crystal and others,Did any if you ever get a diagnosis? I am having this same exact thing going on. Tomorrow I am having An ultrasound tomorrow. Sooo scared of cancer. Help,MarneyI have been going thru the same thing! I don't have health insurance and I've spent over $600.00 for people to look at me like I'm crazy and tell me I'm fine. My lower abdomen aches almost all the time and my lower back plus I'm peeing more frequently. I'm tired of worrying about this! The cancer idea is scary! I've had two big babies and I'm getting closer to menopause so I'm thinking my uterus has dropped a little and is pushing on my bladder and colon. I used to use birth control that required me to know where my cervix was and I feel like it's lower than it used to be. I know my body and something isn't right! I'm so stressed and tired from all of this. Please post any answers any of you get from a doctor, we need to get to the bottom of this! xo
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 8, 2010
    • 09:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am going thru the same thing and have been. I agree you feel depressed because you are tired of feeling bad. I am going to have surgery to see if it is my endometriosis that may have come back. But if it isn't that I am scared because 5 drs can't find anything. On top of the frequ urine, burning feeling after, lower back pain and cramps the tops of my knees ache as well. Been going thru this for over a month and strangely enough I get a little nausea after I pee and have been so very tired. My insurance runs out in 2 months so I have to find out what is wrong or I am stuck feeling this way.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2010
    • 03:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you managed to get a diagnosis yet? my gf has similar symptoms. So any advice would be helpfull. thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2010
    • 07:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had the following symptoms, back & abdomen pain, heavy periods, discharge changes in constancy and color..I have these symptoms even worse after sexual intercourse,,I have also had from time to time a foul odor. I have had papsmears, all normal, blood test, vaginal ultrasounds, pelvic ultrasounds all normal, I just had a Coposcopy done and I was really scared of the results considering that is the main test for Cervical Cancer..4wks. went by..test is normal..So now last resort i have to undergo surgery 2 check for Endometriosis..look it up 2 find out more about this condition. I really hope this is what it is I've been going through this for 2 years now..I will keep u posted on my results, findings of diagnosis and procedures..good luck 2 everyone! Somethings gotta give...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 16, 2010
    • 09:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This has been going on since October 2008 (5 months) and no one has been able to help! Back in October I got sick with a cold/flu and mild ear ache. I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics which made it go away in a couple days. I don't know if they caused the following problems to happen or if it was simply a coincidence.One night (while I was taking antibiotics) I started to get what felt like period cramps and lower back pain. I assumed I must be starting my period... WRONG! After a while I felt like I had to pee every 5-10 minutes. I couldn't sleep at all because I had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom. This went on for a couple days and then felt like it was starting to go away. I assumed it must have been a bladder/UTI infection and shrugged it off because I was starting to feel better. About a week or so went by and it came back full force! I went to the mall with my mom and had to go pee after every store! This time it didn't go away after a couple days so I went to the doctors. I told him I had frequent urination, cramps and lower back pain and thought it might be a UTI. He did a dip stick test on my urine which came back negative, no infection. He drew my blood and sent the blood and urine to the lab for further testing. Because I was complaining of cramps he told me I needed to get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen. The CT scan results were completely normal, no masses, no kidney stones... nothing! I started feeling a little better so he said he didn't think anything was wrong with me.After a week or so it came back again! I went to the doctors and he did another dip stick test on my urine. Again the results were negative, no infection but this time there were traces of blood in my urine. I was on my period at the time so we figured it was probably just contamination from my period. He gave me Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) and said if there was some kind of infection going on that should kill it. I took the Cipro and nothing happened. I was still having all the symptoms. At some point I started noticing yellow vaginal discharge. I don't remember when I first noticed it because it seemed to change daily. Sometimes it was creamy white, sometimes is was sticky clear and sometimes it was creamy yellow. Sometimes is was really heavy and sometimes I didn't have any at all. It was never consistent and I NEVER experienced the typical vaginal infection symptoms (burning, itching or foul fishy smell) so I didn't think it was related until I had exhausted all the other possibilities and decided to go to a gynecologist.The gynecologist did a pap smear, culture and tested me for the usual STDs. All came back normal! But during the exam he said my cervix was inflamed and I had cervical cysts. He proscribed me Metronidazole gel (antibiotic inserted directly into the vagina). I used it and again nothing happened! I was still having all the same symptoms. I went back to the gynecologist and he examined me again and said the inflammation and cervical cysts were gone and I was fine. BUT I WAS STILL PEEING ALL THE TIME AND HAVING PERIOD-LIKE CRAMPS AND LOWER BACK PAIN!!! How is that fine??? By this time everyone had my convinced it was all in my head and nothing was really wrong with me. So I let it go for a week and tried not to focus on it but the symptoms persisted.I went BACK to the gynecologist (this time I saw another doctor). The new gynecologist said I had a lot of discharge and my cervix was inflamed (either it was still inflamed from before or it came back). He prescribed me Ciprofloxacin for 10 days (the antibiotic I took before) and scheduled an appointment for me to get Cryotherapy (where they freeze off the infection with liquid nitrogen all done in the doc office). After taking Cipro for 7 days and seeing no signs of improvement I went back to the doctors to get another antibiotic because it didn't seem to be working. I saw yet another gynecologist! She examined me and said my cervix was a little red but not inflamed and although there was a lot of discharge it all seemed to look normal, no infection. She felt around inside and pushed on different things to see if I felt any pain and I was completely fine, nothing hurt. She said Cipro is like a bomb and should have killed the UTI and anything else in my system. She said sometimes colorful discharge is normal. Since I wasn't experiencing any itching or burning or foul smells it was ok even though it was really heavy. She asked me if I bleed/spot in between periods and I said no. She basically said I was fine and sent me on my way even though I told her I feel like I'm about to start my period EVERY DAY! I have cramps and vaginal aches EVERYDAY! It has been 5 months and no one has been able to help me. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated because this is ruining my life! I'm depressed all the time and I feel like I'm never going to feel 100% normal again. Every time I go to the doctor they send me home saying I'm fine. I DONT FEEL FINE! I know there is something going on with me! I know what normal feel like and this isn't it. I don't want it to be something minor that gets out of control because it was left untreated for so long! I want this to go away! If you have any ideas what this could be please post them! Or things I should consider asking my doctor about. I've seen 4 doctors and no one knows what's wrong.Thank you!Crystal H.Hi I've been having kinda the same problem its driving me insane. I went 2 the dr. For a bladder infection and im still waiting for the results. A few days later I felt itchy and now its just painful. I've been having a lot of discharge so I went to my gynocologist today and he said everything looks fine and he should get the labs in a week or so. But I don't feel fine at all. All the discharge is annoying and it hurts when I wipe and 2night there was a little blood. I don't know what to do I want a second opinion but I need some kind of relief. Id appreciate some advice.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2011
    • 07:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi I know its late to post here, I had the same thing after taking a course of antibiotics. I had it a month and the Dr referred me to a private specialist. In my case the cramps in my lower back subsided when it was the time of the month (although I still suffered from the normal period pain). He advised to take the contraceptive pill for around two months to sort out the hormonal imbalance. I can say that it has worked and now the lower back pain has gone completely.ThanksLadybird
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2011
    • 11:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Crystal,I had a very similar experience, I hope this will help...I had a really bad diarrhea sometime in late January, and it was accompanied by really bad cramps, similar to menstrual cramps, but the pain felt sharper. A few days later, I started having what I thought was an ear infection, as my left ear felt muffled, and I kept hearing echoes. I saw a specialist for that and was told that I have low frequency hearing loss, and it was probably caused by a virus attacking my inner ear. I was prescribed with Predisolone & Acyclovir, for about 3 weeks. At the same time, I also noticed some yellow vaginal discharge, and was getting symptoms of UTI. After seeking two sessions of treatment from a Chinese acupuncturist, my ear condition improved greatly but I still had UTI. My specialist recommended that I should see a GP for my UTI, and get a separate antibiotic for my condition, but I was unwilling to add on to my medication, so I only kept drinking loads of water. At that point I started feeling lower back aches.About less than a week later, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my lower back, which extended to the whole of my mid-section. I was worried that I had gotten kidney infection, since I was still suffering from UTI. I was hospitalised that night with a fever and was given some strong jabs for the pain. My new specialist suggested that I might have gotten infected by a virus when I had my diarrhea weeks back, and that could be the cause of all my cramps. I was given IV-drips and some antibiotics, and surprisingly by the following morning, I felt completely fine.Up till now, I don't know what exactly happened to me, but my specialist thinks that it is most likely a virus infection of some kind that did not clear up completely because my immune system was a bit low at that point of time. And there was also the possibility of taking too many types of medication, which might have caused some complication.He later prescribed me with antibiotics and I have been fine since.As you mentioned a ear ache, I was wondering if our conditions could be similar, and if you might want to check for the possibility of a virus infection... Hope this helps! Get well soon.
  • This has been going on since October 2008 (5 months) and no one has been able to help! Back in October I got sick with a cold/flu and mild ear ache. I went to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics which made it go away in a couple days. I don't know if they caused the following problems to happen or if it was simply a coincidence.One night (while I was taking antibiotics) I started to get what felt like period cramps and lower back pain. I assumed I must be starting my period... WRONG! After a while I felt like I had to pee every 5-10 minutes. I couldn't sleep at all because I had to keep getting up and going to the bathroom. This went on for a couple days and then felt like it was starting to go away. I assumed it must have been a bladder/UTI infection and shrugged it off because I was starting to feel better. About a week or so went by and it came back full force! I went to the mall with my mom and had to go pee after every store! This time it didn't go away after a couple days so I went to the doctors. I told him I had frequent urination, cramps and lower back pain and thought it might be a UTI. He did a dip stick test on my urine which came back negative, no infection. He drew my blood and sent the blood and urine to the lab for further testing. Because I was complaining of cramps he told me I needed to get a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen. The CT scan results were completely normal, no masses, no kidney stones... nothing! I started feeling a little better so he said he didn't think anything was wrong with me.After a week or so it came back again! I went to the doctors and he did another dip stick test on my urine. Again the results were negative, no infection but this time there were traces of blood in my urine. I was on my period at the time so we figured it was probably just contamination from my period. He gave me Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic) and said if there was some kind of infection going on that should kill it. I took the Cipro and nothing happened. I was still having all the symptoms. At some point I started noticing yellow vaginal discharge. I don't remember when I first noticed it because it seemed to change daily. Sometimes it was creamy white, sometimes is was sticky clear and sometimes it was creamy yellow. Sometimes is was really heavy and sometimes I didn't have any at all. It was never consistent and I NEVER experienced the typical vaginal infection symptoms (burning, itching or foul fishy smell) so I didn't think it was related until I had exhausted all the other possibilities and decided to go to a gynecologist.The gynecologist did a pap smear, culture and tested me for the usual STDs. All came back normal! But during the exam he said my cervix was inflamed and I had cervical cysts. He proscribed me Metronidazole gel (antibiotic inserted directly into the vagina). I used it and again nothing happened! I was still having all the same symptoms. I went back to the gynecologist and he examined me again and said the inflammation and cervical cysts were gone and I was fine. BUT I WAS STILL PEEING ALL THE TIME AND HAVING PERIOD-LIKE CRAMPS AND LOWER BACK PAIN!!! How is that fine??? By this time everyone had my convinced it was all in my head and nothing was really wrong with me. So I let it go for a week and tried not to focus on it but the symptoms persisted.I went BACK to the gynecologist (this time I saw another doctor). The new gynecologist said I had a lot of discharge and my cervix was inflamed (either it was still inflamed from before or it came back). He prescribed me Ciprofloxacin for 10 days (the antibiotic I took before) and scheduled an appointment for me to get Cryotherapy (where they freeze off the infection with liquid nitrogen all done in the doc office). After taking Cipro for 7 days and seeing no signs of improvement I went back to the doctors to get another antibiotic because it didn't seem to be working. I saw yet another gynecologist! She examined me and said my cervix was a little red but not inflamed and although there was a lot of discharge it all seemed to look normal, no infection. She felt around inside and pushed on different things to see if I felt any pain and I was completely fine, nothing hurt. She said Cipro is like a bomb and should have killed the UTI and anything else in my system. She said sometimes colorful discharge is normal. Since I wasn't experiencing any itching or burning or foul smells it was ok even though it was really heavy. She asked me if I bleed/spot in between periods and I said no. She basically said I was fine and sent me on my way even though I told her I feel like I'm about to start my period EVERY DAY! I have cramps and vaginal aches EVERYDAY! It has been 5 months and no one has been able to help me. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated because this is ruining my life! I'm depressed all the time and I feel like I'm never going to feel 100% normal again. Every time I go to the doctor they send me home saying I'm fine. I DONT FEEL FINE! I know there is something going on with me! I know what normal feel like and this isn't it. I don't want it to be something minor that gets out of control because it was left untreated for so long! I want this to go away! If you have any ideas what this could be please post them! Or things I should consider asking my doctor about. I've seen 4 doctors and no one knows what's wrong.Thank you!Crystal H.Hi ladies, ever since puberty i started getting discharge and thought it was normal. Even after every period i used to get tons of discharge. i know it sounds strange but thats the reason i used to be so cranky all the time and snap at people. I have also suffered from bladder infection (urine infections) more than 10 times. Haven't had them for more than 2 years now. Gone through the exact same stuff as you - cramps, back pains, urination and more. Here's what i think should fix it - For starters, keep your vaginal area hair free! dont shave, spend the extra money and get a brazilian every month or so regularly! i noticed everytime my hair started growing back down there it got itchy and i started to get discharge again. secondly, use a feminine hygiene wash - i use femfresh, its better than summer's eve. i know people say it can upset the ph balance down there but it has helped me and i need it. never ever use soap down there. thats what caused all this discharge business. nobody ever told me not to use soap so i had to take the risk and use feminine wash and it has really helped. thirdly, if you're sexually active, you need to be clean down there before and after! (immediately) so yeah, make sure your partner is clean too coz alot of the times it's their bacteria that goes into us and makes us think we have something wrong with us. So, wash up before sex and immediately after sex dont fall asleep! get up go to the loo, pee in the next 10-20 mins to wash out any bacteria and wash up properly!! fourth, keep drinking water and even cranberry juice because it cleanses your vaginal system. if you keep drinking water you'l keep flushing out all the echoli that causes urine infections.MOST IMPORTANT - if you have a habit of sleeping in till late then CHANGE YOUR HABITS! the longer your bladder is full, the more chances of getting a urine infection. so get up and pee when you have to!! Lastly, due to the number of urine infections i've had, i feel as though my bladder has become weaker and i cant hold it for long. when i gotta go i gotta go!I guess water solves alot of problems. Keep a water bottle and you will automatically get into the habit of drinking water regularly. doctors aren't always right and most of the time they can only catch something after the damage is done. Although i hate it with passion, try URALS once every week or two, its a powdered thing you mix in water to get rid of bad bacteria in your bladder. causes high sugar so careful if you have diabetes.hope this helps.
  • Hi there, I too was searching the internet and saw these posts, did any of you manage to get diagnoses? I have been having the same problems over a year following a miscarriage. I have had some many tests I've even had a laparoscopy and they found nothing, I am currently waiting for a cystoscopy and cauterization as I've now been told that the neck of my womb is inflamed which could be due to cells or hormones. At the same time they think I may have intersistal cystitis which is worth considering if you haven't already been down this route. It's similar to cystitis but worse as it is internal and a urine test would not show you have this, it's very hard to cure but it is curable.I hope this helps.
  • Ok so i'm having a lot of those similar symptoms. I can write off the frequent urination, because im drinking a ton of water ( i have a fitness test coming up) the pain just started yesterday, and i am on my period. I just recently had a miscarrage and this is the first cycle since then. I start to urinate, and by the time im almost done, i have a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen. it goes away mere seconds after im done. I have no burning/pain while im urinating. I've had a UTI before and this feels nothing like that did. and I would remember trust me! My mom/friend thought this might be a bladder infection, but it doesn't fit all the symptoms. Nothing seems to fit all the symptoms. I had Chlymidia last year, but got it cleared up before christmas, even got retested and came back clean. The doctor said there were no signs of it at all, and it wouldn't cause problems. Im wondering if the pain is associated with maybe leftover tissue from my miscarrage, whatever didn't get pushed out, but the doc said all of that was cleared up too. So now Im confused!
  • i have the same problem. as far as yellow and discharges. EVERY woman has a discharge. it is old tissue tearing off the cervix/uterus. but there is a specific time where the discharge turns a different color (sometimes right in between periods.) say... its a white discharge the entire time of no period, and then its suddenly yellow right smack dab in the middle. that is ovulation. if you're peeing a lot, probably just could be drinking a lot of water. although i have same problem too. but water just moves through the kidneys quicker than anything else because water doesn't have anything in it that needs to be filtered, such as there is no sugar. possibly try practicing with the muscles... and it could also be a neurological thing. lastly, see a chiropractor, lower back pain could be the spine being out of align. being so, could have a pinched nerve down there that is sending signals to your brain that is telling you that you have to pee.... i asked my chiropractor about that last week. im currently undergoing treatment. it will take a while to get results.
  • I also have been suffering similar symptoms and was told to go get hormone levels checked. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism a few months ago and though I was put on medication for it, ever since I've been having the symptoms of a UTI without actually having one, not to mention the urges for it happen right after my period happen, die down a few days after, start up again right after ovulation time, die down right before My period starts, and the cycle begins again. I was told that hormone imbalances can trigger urinary pain, frequency, and even the amount of urine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2011
    • 02:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, This can be PID( Pelvic inflammatory disease) also. PID or Pelvic inflammatory disease is the inflammaton of the female reproductive organs caused due to bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infection. It affects the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.It usually spreads upwards from the vagina.It should be treated at the earliest because it could lead to infertility, adhesions and abscess formation.Since you have tried lots of anti-biotics with no results why dont you go ahead and try some natural medicines. These are 100% safe and natural free from side effects.Combinations of Ayurvedic herbs and homoeopathic remedies give good results.These remedies work by using ingredients with natural anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties to relieve acute pain and swelling, enhancing your immune responses so that your body can put up a superior defense against infections that cause PID, using bio-energetic impressions of healthy ovarian and uterine tissue to teach the organs harmonic functioning, balancing the female endocrine axis and supplying nutritional supplements that strengthen the reproductive organs.Some of the frequently used remedies are C5 anti-inflammation, T9 PID formula and 30 PID formula.
    Rosali 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • It could be any of these:http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=frequent-urge-to-urinate%7Cfrequent-urination%7Cmuscle-cramps-or-spasms-(painful)%7Cpain-or-discomfort&symptomids=110%7C107%7C282%7C1&locations=35%7C35%7C26%7C26Interstitial Cystitis sounds probablehttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001508/
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement