Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Severe gas, cramps; diarrhea after eating

Posted In: Medical Stories 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 11, 2006
  • 10:45 PM

I just wanted to post a condition that both my father and I have suffered from---and then learned to live with.

We get severe gas and stomach cramps if our pants are too tight. If we eat too much and our pants are tight we will get severe diarrhea almost every time. This frequently happens at restaurants because we wear nicer clothes (often too tight) and eat too much (ridiculous restaurant portions and dessert). Severe diarrhea comes within minutes after eating.

Wearing looser fitting pants--and not overeating--is the solution. Those symptoms do not appear as long as I remember this simple solution.

I should mention that I was misdiagnosed in my late teens. Doctors told me I had colitis or irritable bowel syndrome or spastic colon. All were wrong diagnoses. I wasted hundreds of dollars in medical costs and took prescription drugs which caused negative side effects.

Simply, I had pants which were too tight.

I help this post helps others.

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• ......then again, there are physical problems besides the belt. I had same symptoms...turned out: gluten intolerance. it may be any food allergy. Avoid 1 type of food at a time; dairy, soy, gluten, etc. If yucky sensation stops that day...tadah! note=It may be more than 1 allergy, and it can start at any point in life!! check internet for lots of info. God bless. Only ****s savz.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 08:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You´re talking of Celiac Disease, and yes there are many other things you can get from celiac, including neurological disorders like ADD, seizures, ataxia and many other complications related to nutrient malabsorption. If you´re not on a gluten free diet you need to go on one before the complications develop.
    the_one 39 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 04:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Same symptoms as my boyfriend with Celiac disease, (wheat allergy) which was mentioned before. Even two bites of bread will give him the ****s for a day. His mother and two sisters also have the disease.
    km44691 4 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 03:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • check gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance. You may have both. Start with eating yogurt only. Add one new item over a course of one or two days, note any symptoms. Continue to add one new thing each day or two. Again note any changes in body. Other possibility would be celiac disease. Treated same. tests can be taken. Restrict portions. Keep under 1800 calories intake per day. Eat and chew food slowly without gulping air. breathe thru your nose.Take and disgestive enzymes to assist in the digestive process. An organic method is to take one teaspoon of apple cider vingear with your meal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 10:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your symptoms may indeed be a food allergy or intolerance. However, another possibility is IBS. Irritable bowel syndrome is a benign self-limiting condition of the colon. Although not completely understood, it is hypothesized that the condition occurs due to or in conjunction with atypical movement or contraction of the large bowel. Sudden cramping and bloating after meals is hallmark symptoms. The pain is relieved with defecation. Another classic symptom of IBS is a "rumbling" sensation over the left upper abdomen (splenic flexure). Good luckMark
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 08:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well... It seems you have two options: buy bigger pants or stop ordering dessert.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • check gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance. You may have both. Start with eating yogurt only. Add one new item over a course of one or two days, note any symptoms. Continue to add one new thing each day or two. Again note any changes in body. Other possibility would be celiac disease. Treated same. tests can be taken. Restrict portions. Keep under 1800 calories intake per day. Eat and chew food slowly without gulping air. breathe thru your nose.Take and disgestive enzymes to assist in the digestive process. An organic method is to take one teaspoon of apple cider vingear with your meal.what can i do? i live at an ag school so i cant have any kind of diet. the only diets that are here are vegitarians and people who eat meat as well as vegies. i cant do any of these suggestions with food because i dont know whats in the food the cheif cooks. i have also tried to less food but it hasnt worked
  • Hi, dont know if anyone can help. for about the last week every time i eat bread i have to run to the loo within minutes, thought it may be a bug so tried not eating bread for a few days and was fine. Had bread again this morning.. and have been on the loo ever since? seems i can eat anything else tho! is there anyone else who has the same problem? thanks
  • Hi, dont know if anyone can help. for about the last week every time i eat bread i have to run to the loo within minutes, thought it may be a bug so tried not eating bread for a few days and was fine. Had bread again this morning.. and have been on the loo ever since? seems i can eat anything else tho! is there anyone else who has the same problem? thanksyou likely have developed celiac disease. If you are able to consume a gluten free diet you should notice a big difference! Hope it helps to know there are answers and you're not alone!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement