Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

cough that wont go away..

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ckanaan
  • February 25, 2009
  • 06:18 AM

Folks, I've posted in the past regarding this issue which Im having in hopes that others can assist me to figure out what it is because until now, Im not getting much info from the doctors and my problem is getting rather intolerable.
I'm usually a healthy individual, but over 3 months ago, I started having this urge to clear my lungs of mucus. Its rather hard to cough up somtimes so I dont know if its really a cough or Im just trying to clear my lungs in one way or the other. Many times, the cough is dry and unproductive, but since Im feeling "something" in my lungs, if I cough enough..I do get some mucus out.
I thought that over 3 months ago when the congestion began, it was just a cold...but it "never" did go away. It subsided for a while but came right back. I dont have any fever and the mucus is pretty clear. I thought it might be asbestos related but tests at work showed negative results. Every night, I have to take an over the counter chest congestion syrup just to get to sleep. Im usually good then for the rest of the night, but the clearing of my lungs begins again after I get up. One doctor told me it might be related to my high blood pressure pills called "Altace 10mg". He may take me off them in a few days to see if there is a difference.
The coughing is truly getting the best of me so if anybody has ever had anything like this...please let me know your experience in hopes that I may learn something...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement