Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

False negative syphillis test. Please help!

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: pleasehelpme
  • November 10, 2006
  • 10:12 AM

Hello, I feel certain that I have been misdiagnosed. I tested negative for syphillis and have all the symptoms. No doctor believes that it is possible especially with negative results. I have tried using herbal supplements to cure myself which I believe maybe be why it didn't show up in blood tests. I am on antibiotics (doxycycline hyc) and feel 100% better but once my prescription wears out I fear the same symptoms will return without proper treatment. Since my local hospital and family doctor won't believe me I went to a dermatologist to have him look at my almost healed lesion. He didn't believe me either. I wanted him to take a sample from the lesion and test it before it healed and he wouldn't. I am getting another blood test through a lab he referred me to. From what I read about neurosyphillis I will need to have spinal fluid extracted. I fear that I will not be able to convince a doctor to perform this test. I can't list all the details here but I do believe it is possible to get later stages of syphillis under the right conditions. I am not on here to argue or have someone tell me it is something else. I am totally convinced this is what I have and it is frightening that modern medicine is behind the times. I wish they would just believe me and give me the cure. It is aweful living in fear of the symptoms returning. Since I started the antibiotics I have not noticed any of the neurosyphillus problems but I do notice the damage done. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anybody can help then please let me know. Please!!!!!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement