Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

polyclonal gammopathy, what does this mean?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: llynn1231
  • February 18, 2009
  • 00:57 AM

My doctor says I have a polyclonal gammopathy and I am not sure what this means. Is this something serious? I went to the doctor because I have had chronic diarrhea and lower back pain for over 1 year. It has been months of test after test and I am more confused now than ever. It would be great if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Try thishttp://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/polyclonal+gammopathy
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • February 18, 2009
    • 07:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have just been diagnosed with Polyclonal Gammapathy also and I'm not sure what it means. I have no other symptoms but was told that MGUS has been ruled out. I have to go back to haematology in 8 weeks for check up. I'm confused, my diagnosis was an accidental finding.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2010
    • 09:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My doctor says I have a polyclonal gammopathy and I am not sure what this means. Is this something serious? I went to the doctor because I have had chronic diarrhea and lower back pain for over 1 year. It has been months of test after test and I am more confused now than ever. It would be great if anyone could shed some light on this for me.If you read this and have found out ANYTHING more about this, please let me know, hubby was just diaganosed with polyclonal gammopathy and I do nt know what they can do. Has the doctors done anything to help you? wanbain123@aol.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement