Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Eye pain whilst looking at PC monitor or TV

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: k_taz2000
  • February 16, 2009
  • 05:09 PM

Back in July last year my husband was writing his wedding speech on the PC when he got a sudden burning sensation in his right eye. The eye became very red and he went to the optician then onto the hospital. He was told that he had Uveitis which he was given antibiotics for which cleared up while we were on our honeymoon. Around the beginning of August he started getting the same pain again in his right eye when at work on the PC. He also found that he was getting the same pain while watching TV. His eye also becomes very tender to the touch and he has had some pain down the right hand side of his face. Since August we have seen 2 different opmathologists and a neurologist and so far no-one has been able to tell us what is wrong or find a cure. Today we have been to see a third opmathlogist who was much more helpful. He has told us that there is nothing whatsoever wrong with his eyes and that the pain he is getting is not because of his eyes. He seems to think that it could be Trigeminal Neuralgia but he has never heard of this being set off by watching TV or looking at a PC monitor.

Has anyone else ever experienced pain when looking at a TV screen or PC monitor? This has become very serious now as he has not been able to work since November last year because of it. All help greatly appreciated.

We also need to try and find a Neurologist who has an interest in facial pain in the Essex/London area, again any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement