Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

high BP and pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: firewoman30
  • February 16, 2009
  • 04:46 PM

I am 30yo female who until a few weeks ago had regular BP's in the 110/70 range. Last weekend I was at a fire and spiked to 210/120. Since then it has remained at 160-170/90-100. I was the the ER Sat, the night of the fire for a few hours, with high BP and pulse but no other symptoms. After EKG and blood tests I was released. Wed I had high BP and right chest/neck/pain along with being sweaty, clammy, shaky, and disoriented, and went back to the ER. I got another EKG and blood tests in addition to a chest xray. Everything was fine, they gave me BP meds. Now my BP is below 120/80, but I still am getting right neck/chest/arm pain, also am experiencing a weird sensation in my head. I don't even really know how to explain the sensation in my head, it is not really dizziness, it just feels not right, not painful, but feels like a deflated basketball or something. I don't know what I should do. I have a family history of heart and BP problems, so it is being treated as if that is the problem, but that doesn't explain why my BP a few weeks ago and always has been in the healthy range and has spike so high. I keep getting told by ER and family doc that I have family history and that is the answer and that I am 30 and it isn't anything to worry about. I feel ignored but don't know what I should do.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement