Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Right side pain, under ribs and middle of back

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Kymmaree
  • February 16, 2009
  • 11:47 AM

Classic Gallbladder attack symptoms right? Went on for a few months, off and on, finally saw doctor and asked for referral for ultrasound. He is not convinced it is the gallbladder and says he thinks it could be indigestion. Anyway after an attack on Dec 26th 2008, I make an appt for ultrasound. I go and have the ultrasound but the technicians careful questions give me a clue that all is not well. Initially I was told it was probably renal cell carcinoma but I was lucky and it was the fibroma instead. Turns out I have a large fibroma on the right kidney AND gallstones.Lucky for me because I get them both out in time (the kidney which is unsaveable and the gallbladder). Some of the 'gallbladder' symptoms were of a kidney tumor. The urologist and the General practitioner both tried to feel the tumor manually and couldn't but it was fairly large and required a large cut to remove. So what seemed obvious was not. Both good doctors and now I still have a kidney left. Kym

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement