Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Hip/Butt pain, whole leg starting to hurt

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: trickyspark
  • February 12, 2009
  • 05:14 AM

Hello all, I'm posting this message for my wife.
We both went hunting for shark teeth in a local river. This basically consists of stooping over, squatting, or sitting in the water, taking a scoop of some sort and dumping it in a strainer (pasta strainer works great).
We went almost every day for a few months, missing only the days when a bad storm came up, or the river was still swollen from a big rain.
She started having pain around the part of your butt bone that sticks out in the middle of the cheek (I know my medical terminology is great isn't it?). From what I can gather, it sounds like it started out as being the kind of pain you might have when you need to pop a joint, like a finger or toe.
From what she describes now, it is all the way down her leg. She continues pulling on the leg in odd positions in an attempt to pop it despite my protests, as I have noticed her complain about the pain more after a marathon attempt at popping it. The pain goes down the back of her leg, in what I can only make sense of as maybe being a hamstring. She says it's like the little things on the back of your hand that run from the wrist to the fingers. They look sort of like big cords or strings. She says the pain in her leg is in something like that. She is Chinese, and I don't speak Chinese, so getting a good description isn't exactly working for me.
Basically she says her butt bone hurts in the right cheek. She hasn't fallen at all. She hasn't twisted anything or pulled anything. She hasn't lifted anything heavy. It sounds sort of like when you sleep wrong and have a crick in your neck, except this won't go away. She's had it for near a year, and it seems to be getting worse. She says the leg hurts all the way to the foot, down the back of the leg.

She said it started after all the shark tooth hunting. Since winter has came, she has basically sat on her butt all day. She doesn't exercise much. If she does, it consists of curling a 5lb weight maybe 20 times. How this helps the leg I do not know. She constantly beats on her butt bone with her fist. I don't know that it helps, but I can't imagine how.
Does anyone have any idea what it is? She won't go to the doctor because we don't have any insurance.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement