Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Twitches, Jolts, Jaw/Cheek Pain, Excess Saliva:

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 11, 2009
  • 03:46 PM

Twitches, Jolts, Jaw/Cheek Pain, Excess Saliva:

Doctors haven't been able to diagnois me due to unusual symptoms. Is anyone familiar with these symtoms? at rest muscle twitches and body jolts, jaw-cheek pain, cold mouth, tingling tongue, excess saliva, and multiple joint-tendon popping and pain.

Sept 07 1'colon removed due to pre-cancerous mass (coincidense that the next problems start 2 weeks after surgury?? Doctors cannot relate the two)
Oct 07 stabbing/burning pain at base of skull with neck and shoulder pain that popped 300+ times a day for 4 months (tried with no luck: chiropractors, physical therapy, ibroprofen, hot and cold packs, physiatric dr gave oral steroid, neck x-ray normal, brain and neck MRI were normal)
Jan 08 to present - body jolts started (along with random screams, which happened hundreds of times a day and now only happens with the at-rest muscle twtiches and jolts), (EMG done on right arm was normal, tried chiropracter again, all blood work (including lymes 2 times) were normal, 2 more steroid shots - no help.)
Then the muscle twitches, involuntary movements, tongue tingling and jaw pain started (neurologist had me try neurontin=no help and did chest x-ray=normal, blood showed high inflammation which they retested with normal results months later)
Over 2008 I seen a couple neurologist who could not diagnois me. Oct 08, my knee started doing the exact same thing as my neck initially did (pop/pain hundreds of times a day with heat increasing pain), and has lasted the last 4 months. They say I have bursitis in knee but cannot get it in the neck. (This may or maynot have no impact on diagnois.)
I recently have also gotten excess saliva quite often, also a very cold tongue or mouth. Less severe is I also feel pressure in my ear(s) and have a soar heart sometimes. My doctor looked at ear and heart=normal. I have been taking Celexa for the two months to see if symptoms change which they have not - I tried telling them it wasn't physcological but have to prove it I guess.

I don't know if a ENT Dr would be a good idea. Maybe do a EEG? MRA? Spinal Tap? Other??

Dr. thinks its not Parkinsons because I am only 40 and I havent been rolling my finger/thumb together. They do not think it is Epilespy because when I have a body JOLT, it is only a second, I am fully aware of it, and it makes it wide awake, not sleepy. They do not think it is Tourettes since I have many other odd symptoms. They do not think it is nerve damage (not sure why - because thats what it sounds like to me).

Thank you for listening to my story and would appreciate any feedback you may have on a possible diagnois or what test to have done next.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement