Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Recurring breast infection

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Stressed
  • February 9, 2009
  • 09:38 PM

Over the past 5 years, I've had a recurring breast infection in just my left breast 5 times. I am post-menopausal and have never breast-fed. I had surgery the first time and the tissue was tested for cancer and came back negative. The surgeon was highly reputable and assured me he cleaned out the entire area and I should have no more problems. Unfortunately, not so. So far, each occurrence has been treatable with high doses of antiobiotics (2000 mg per day of Cephalexin for 10 days), however, the infection is VERY VERY painful. Just 6 months ago when I had the 4th occurrence, my surgeon sent me to a dermatologist and he did two punch biopsies--one right down the center of my nipple. That was extraordinarily painful. Both came back negative for cancer, and negative for Paget's disease. I now am going thru the 6th re-occurrence and am back on antiobiotics. I need a diagnosis of the underlying condition so this can be permanently fixed. I'm afraid I have something serious that will potentially get much worse if I can't get a diagnosis.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement