Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

severe head and neck pain ..please help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: kaka19827
  • February 6, 2009
  • 02:12 PM

Head pain, neck pain, dizziness , sickness please help?

hi, since october last year ive been experiencing severe head pain along the side (just above my ears), back and top of my head, also with neck pain and stiffness. This makes me feel so dizzy and sick! ive been to the docs so many times now and they keep saying i have had a muscle spasm in my neck and im Doing physio excesses for that but nothing helps.. and im sick of going to the docs every week and taking paracetamol! nothing works. I was starting to feel slightly better and now the last few days its has came back along with slight blurred vision and a popping noise in my ears (could this be some sort of sinusitis)? ! i feel so ill its untrue , feel drained and i cant deal with the pain no more, 5 months on its still here please help!
im 26, ive had exrays of my neck and they said i had slight loss off natural curvature of the spine! my head feels like its goin to explode at times and i get severe muscle spasms in my back.. feels like waves of tingling !! not so much in my arms and hands though.. more my back!

i was also diagnosed with stress and anxiety....dont know wether this is relivent !

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• If your primary pain is from your neck,you need an MRI scan of it because disc disease can cause neck pain and headaches.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • February 6, 2009
    • 02:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Even if electromagnetic sensitivity existed,It would not cause your specific symptoms.Just observe Blaze's behavior on this forum:she blames everything on electrical crap.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • February 6, 2009
    • 02:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Popping in ears can be a sign of either otosalpingitis (water behind your eardrum) or dislocated disc in the temporomandibular joint. Also the pain above your ears can be due to a sore temporal muscle because it is where it is attached to the scull. If you are under a lot of pressure, you might be grinding your teeth during the night. A splint can prevent this. Have you been evaluated by an ENT doctor and a dentist? Good luck with everything! :)
    Felsen 510 Replies
    • February 6, 2009
    • 04:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey!oh I know how you feel. I have the exact same thing... Been struggling with this ***'* for about 5 years! (I'm 24)I've been to numbers of doctors, never gotten any answers.I went to a physician in November and he noticed a lot of swelling in the neck and that my C1 and c2 vertebrae was out of alignment (I think that was the major problem). My spine was also all "stuck" together and out of alignment too. This was all giving me pain and a burning sensation down my back, and even swelling in the fingers (from the C1, C2 problem)I've been to a physician before (without any improvement) but this one did his job a little different, like a mix of chiropracting and massage! He literally made every joint crack in my neck and back (sorry, english is not my first language, a little hard to explain haha). I was so exhausted from his first appointment that I slept for about 16 hours!He helps a lot and the headaches aren't as agressive as they used to be... I still have to take really good care of myself so I don't aggregate the headache. The physician told me since I've been having those symptoms for such a long time the neve system is working a little different and a little thing just as a cold weather or a little stress can make the headache come in a second! (Could be the same thing with you, 5 months are a long time)I used to take pain killers with paracetamol but it didn't seem to work,then my doctor gave me "Norgesic" ... Don't know if you have that in your country, you probably do under some other name, but it's a mix of orfenadrin & paracetamol. It's my life saver, gets me through the day :) It can make you a little sleepy but it's better than having a headache.ok this has turned into an essay! Hope it will help...and yeah don't know if it's relivent either but stress is a Big part of my lifemaybe this is all connected!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2009
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you for posting that. I'm here in the emergency room with my wife and she is suffering the same way with pain in her neck and head. Also she feels it in her front of her head.what's weird is it started as a sore throat. Doctors said at first it was mucus in he brain, now it has turned into muscle spasms. I going crazy here. I hope my wife gets better thank you again. Jose
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 3, 2011
    • 00:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your headaches are from having scholiosis and ear popping is due to your neck issue I suggest seeing chiropractor mine works popping sounds out it air inside thats causing it. Headaches is part of having scoliosis read up on it. Or have someone check for sinus issues.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2011
    • 10:38 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement