Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

If I eat or drink until full I get pain

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 3, 2009
  • 08:40 PM

This happens almost every time I eat. I'll have a meal and stop when I feel full, and within 5 minutes I get very intense sharp and stabby pains in my midsection just along the sides and to the front. Like where the abs are but out to the side, and a fair bit deeper inside.

I've tried eating my food more slowly with no effect. I've tried replacing water for food to fill me up, which actually makes the pain I get worse. I've tried just not eating, but then I get hunger pains and feel pretty weak. I've experimented with different foods and they all seem to cause me pain so I don't think it's much to with what I'm eating or drinking.
To keep going without causing the pains I'm currently eating for my meals what fits on a saucer, twice or sometimes three times a day- more often than that and I can feel pains starting. I end up eating candies or what not just to get a short energy boost to keep going, but I'm pretty much sick of it.

I also get constipated- but not like "I have to poop but I can't." More like "it's been a few days but I don't feel like I have to poop."

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm going through something very similar to this, the only difference is that instead of pain I get nauseous. I find that grazing on small snacks throughout the day helps a lot. It staves off the hunger, and it doesn’t hurt as much. As for what is wrong, I have no clue. My doctor tried to tell me that I'm so stopped up that I can't fit anymore food in me, but I’ve found this to not be true. So I'm at a loss.:confused: Good luck! ;)
    numba5rulz 3 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement