Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

If I eat or drink until full I get pain

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 3, 2009
  • 08:40 PM

This happens almost every time I eat. I'll have a meal and stop when I feel full, and within 5 minutes I get very intense sharp and stabby pains in my midsection just along the sides and to the front. Like where the abs are but out to the side, and a fair bit deeper inside.

I've tried eating my food more slowly with no effect. I've tried replacing water for food to fill me up, which actually makes the pain I get worse. I've tried just not eating, but then I get hunger pains and feel pretty weak. I've experimented with different foods and they all seem to cause me pain so I don't think it's much to with what I'm eating or drinking.
To keep going without causing the pains I'm currently eating for my meals what fits on a saucer, twice or sometimes three times a day- more often than that and I can feel pains starting. I end up eating candies or what not just to get a short energy boost to keep going, but I'm pretty much sick of it.

I also get constipated- but not like "I have to poop but I can't." More like "it's been a few days but I don't feel like I have to poop."

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm going through something very similar to this, the only difference is that instead of pain I get nauseous. I find that grazing on small snacks throughout the day helps a lot. It staves off the hunger, and it doesn’t hurt as much. As for what is wrong, I have no clue. My doctor tried to tell me that I'm so stopped up that I can't fit anymore food in me, but I’ve found this to not be true. So I'm at a loss.:confused: Good luck! ;)
    numba5rulz 3 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement