Discussions By Condition: Liver conditions

liver cirrhosis,terminally ill ?

Posted In: Liver conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: rosesek
  • January 30, 2009
  • 06:19 PM

I would liek to seek advice and help regarding my mother's health condition. I'm Rose Sek from Malaysia.

Me and my mother are both currently residing in Malaysia. My mother was diagnosed with Hep B approximately 8 years ago and has been taking Hepavite since then 2 & half months ago, my mother started having ascites and blood test showed elevated CA125 (20 folds pf ULN). Her treating physician suspected Ovarian cancer & refered her to gynae oncology.

Her gynae oncology then performed ultrasound, pap smear and CT scan of abdomen & pelvis which ruled out ovarian & cervical cancer. The CT scan revealed cirrhosis of liver. She 's then referred to gastroenterologist which started her with 2 tablets of aldecton & half tablets of lasic. She then loses the fluid in her abdoment & loses 7 kg in 2 weeks. Her gastro Dr. then performed blood tesr on her urine function which revealed elevated creatinine. She was then reffered to nephrologist who performed liver biopsy which revealed that the elevated creatinine was due to her kidney hypersensitivity to lasic.

When her creatinine reach 630, she was dialysed and then started on steroid (prednisone) & anti-viral (baraclude). By then, her ascites has returned. About 2 weeks after started with treatment, my mother experirmced confusion & started to sleep without waking up & refuses to wake up when we wake her. Later same day, she become agitated and we sent her to hospital. She was agitated all the way from home to hospital.

She refuses all treatments & scolded doctors, nurses, even family. Hospital then performed CT brain which revealed old hemorrhage. EEG showed seizures. She was started on keppra. A week after discharge, she experienced confusion & she was again hoipitalized and went into Hepatic coma during hopitalization. She woke up from coma after drip of acuplasmal Hep 10. She got into confusion again after 2 weeks. She now diagnosed terminally ill & having creatinine high value. She was dialysed. She also has high pottasium in her blood.

She hasnt undergo dialysis for about 2 weeks now and her creatinine is currently slowly rising from 330 to 410 now in 11 days. Below are some question i'm hoping to recieve for clarification:-

1) Are there available treatment to recover liver cirrhosis?
2) Are there anydrugs or method to jz maintain her liver?
3)Are there any drug that could be taken to elominate elevated creatinese, just like Calamite which neutralized high possium?
4)Any difficuly for life?
5) Any chances for my mother to recover aster transplant?

Hope you can write your experience & advises here. If you dont want it to be too public, you can drop me a mail and I will reply to you.
My email: ferrari.slp@gmil.com

Thanks alot!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement