Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

left side muscle pain and shoulder pain with anxiety

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 6, 2006
  • 10:06 PM

For about three yrs. now I have been suffering from what doctors have told me to be a pinched nerve behind my left shoulder blade. I have anxiety and so when I would get a pain in my left side rib area my mind automatically said, Its a heart attack or something related to that. The doctor did blood work EKG and x-rays, nothing was found, all came back normal. I get bloated and have gas from certain meals, also I was drinking heavily so it made me start to have heartburn which I previously didnt have. I have tried physical therapy, accupuncture, massage therapy and chiropracotors. All have relieved the pain but it keeps coming back and nothing seems to fix it. Medication takes my mind of it so its not worse but thats about it.
Im tired of living my life like this, always thinking the worst when something is not feeling right with my body. A pain in my head is a tumor, a pain in my upper back is my aorta seperating, my chest is a heart attack. Please help me if someone can and give me some advice on how to deal with this or better yet get over it and start living normal! I have stopped working out for fear of getting my heart racing and then thinking something is wrong with it. I dont know what to do....:(

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement