Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Nerve misfiring spasm like symptoms

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 23, 2009
  • 07:29 PM

I don't know how to explain it. Sometimes when I move my eyes I get a twinge of nervus empulses like a flair up of some kind. I have Tenitus, which is a constant ringing sensation, in my right ear, and when this flairs up it sounds like my tenitus gets really loud and peaks in a large beep-like noise. I also notice that I get this weird fealing in my body like someone is pulling on my nerve or something. it doesn't hurt or cause any type of muscle spasm, but feels more like an electrical jolt through certain parts of my body. recently I started fealing this jolt in my chest, and it made it feel as though my heart was having one really big beat, like a significant thump in my chest like a deliberate heart beat. beat... beat... beat... thump... beat... beat... beat... thump. I tried to find out what was causing this nerve spams thing, and I found that if I move my eye's rapidly it occurs more often, but I think it's not only my eyes causing the problem. I tried talking with a doctor about this but he passed it off as lack of sleep, but I have been getting more sleep lately and it still persists. I would like to know what this is, and whether I should be concerned about it. Also recently it has appeared to have gotten worst, and is happening more often.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I don't know how to explain it. Sometimes when I move my eyes I get a twinge of nervus empulses like a flair up of some kind. I have Tenitus, which is a constant ringing sensation, in my right ear, and when this flairs up it sounds like my tenitus gets really loud and peaks in a large beep-like noise. I also notice that I get this weird fealing in my body like someone is pulling on my nerve or something. it doesn't hurt or cause any type of muscle spasm, but feels more like an electrical jolt through certain parts of my body. recently I started fealing this jolt in my chest, and it made it feel as though my heart was having one really big beat, like a significant thump in my chest like a deliberate heart beat. beat... beat... beat... thump... beat... beat... beat... thump. I tried to find out what was causing this nerve spams thing, and I found that if I move my eye's rapidly it occurs more often, but I think it's not only my eyes causing the problem. I tried talking with a doctor about this but he passed it off as lack of sleep, but I have been getting more sleep lately and it still persists. I would like to know what this is, and whether I should be concerned about it. Also recently it has appeared to have gotten worst, and is happening more often. Are you taking any medications if so what ones? For how long? Do you drink coffee or energy drinks? How old are you and are you male or female? Do you get headaches? Migraines? Do you feel numbness in your extremities? Do your hands fall asleep easily? Are you lightheaded? Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 24, 2009
    • 02:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i beleive ur condition is the same as what i have it is called laberynthitus it is caused by the common cold or flu or even mumps, if it is go to ur doctor and he will give you medication called beta-histine they work great for the effect of vertigo that can come and reduce vomiting if your vomiting mine has got so bad that i could not walk do not worry cases like this are rare if you need to know more like how to reduce the effects e-mail me jh70hx@hotmail.co.uk glad to help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement