Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

numbness, tingling, broken capillaries on legs, arms, & breasts, cold hands & feet

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: honolul13
  • January 23, 2009
  • 03:57 AM

:confused: I'm not sure what's going on. Its been a week now. Haven't went to a doctor, hoping nothing is serious and really don't want to wait until something serious happens and I end up in the ER. Never had a previous medical history or surgeries.

I am only 27 & a week ago I started waking up with numbness in my toes on my left foot, the 3 middle toes especially. There was sharp shooting pain under the ball part of my foot under the numb toes. For a week now waking up in the morning, I would experience this pain.

The pain would ease off during the day but the numbness is still there and only in my left foot. I have noticed that my hands and feet have been extremely cold even in a heated room, day or night. I also have tingling sensations, especially in my back.

The scary part is that this evening, I was getting a bath ready and saw that the blood vessels or veins, capillaries (?) are vivid all over my legs, arms, and breasts. There aren't any on my face, or neck, but a few on my back. I am olive skined, so for it to be noticeable it almost looks like blotched skin, white and red patches but its not a rash like all the vessels have broken.

After that I was cooking plain spaghetti w/ meat sauce for dinner and took a few bites and my lips and mouth started having this awful burning sensation. I have never experienced this and thought that the food might be spicy. I asked my husband & 3 kids if it was spicy to them and they said that it was fine. I do not have a fever, headaches, or any other pains or common cold illness. I am getting worried.

Hoping there is someone who can help me. :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• It sounds like burning mouth syndrome. Try here: http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/Burning/BurningMouthSyndrome.htm
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • January 23, 2009
    • 05:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have to disagree. Maybe the mouth symptoms are burning mouth syndrome, but that doesn't explain the rest of the problems... the more serious problems. I'm sorry honolul13. I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I have been getting broken blood vessels all over my legs, my fingers, in between my fingers, and on my breasts for a couple years. I'm only 25, but I have a wide range of health problems. The doctors can't explain what is going on with me either. I am now having shortness of breath, the skin on my right toe is numb, my normal body temperature has dropped to 97 degrees, and I'm having back problems. I have requested my doctors look into scleroderma, but, after looking all the information over, I have serious doubts that this is what my problem is. I have high blood pressure and PCOS. Do you have either of these?If you have found anything out please let me know. I will check back periodically.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2009
    • 02:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • dont know if this will post as i am not a member. look into raynulds syndrome on the cold hands etc. also would you say your legs are mottled? the blochiness.nicola
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2009
    • 11:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have to disagree. Maybe the mouth symptoms are burning mouth syndrome, but that doesn't explain the rest of the problems... the more serious problems. I'm sorry honolul13. I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I have been getting broken blood vessels all over my legs, my fingers, in between my fingers, and on my breasts for a couple years. I'm only 25, but I have a wide range of health problems. The doctors can't explain what is going on with me either. I am now having shortness of breath, the skin on my right toe is numb, my normal body temperature has dropped to 97 degrees, and I'm having back problems. I have requested my doctors look into scleroderma, but, after looking all the information over, I have serious doubts that this is what my problem is. I have high blood pressure and PCOS. Do you have either of these?If you have found anything out please let me know. I will check back periodically.hi have you looked into lupus? its the sister of scleroderma. i have the shortness of breath so understand how horrid this is. well the doc wants to check out if i am anemic because of it.i have lupus and scleroderma so any questions will be happy to try and help you.nicola
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2009
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It could be polyarteritis. I have very similar symptoms to you and I am also in my late 20s and can't figure out what's going on so I've been researching. Could be MSGO TO DOCTOR!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 14, 2009
    • 04:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :confused: I'm not sure what's going on. Its been a week now. Haven't went to a doctor, hoping nothing is serious and really don't want to wait until something serious happens and I end up in the ER. Never had a previous medical history or surgeries. I am only 27 & a week ago I started waking up with numbness in my toes on my left foot, the 3 middle toes especially. There was sharp shooting pain under the ball part of my foot under the numb toes. For a week now waking up in the morning, I would experience this pain. The pain would ease off during the day but the numbness is still there and only in my left foot. I have noticed that my hands and feet have been extremely cold even in a heated room, day or night. I also have tingling sensations, especially in my back. The scary part is that this evening, I was getting a bath ready and saw that the blood vessels or veins, capillaries (?) are vivid all over my legs, arms, and breasts. There aren't any on my face, or neck, but a few on my back. I am olive skined, so for it to be noticeable it almost looks like blotched skin, white and red patches but its not a rash like all the vessels have broken. After that I was cooking plain spaghetti w/ meat sauce for dinner and took a few bites and my lips and mouth started having this awful burning sensation. I have never experienced this and thought that the food might be spicy. I asked my husband & 3 kids if it was spicy to them and they said that it was fine. I do not have a fever, headaches, or any other pains or common cold illness. I am getting worried. Hoping there is someone who can help me. :confused:omg! i thought i was going crazy. i have every single symptom you do! plus a couple more, ive been to doctors, and the er,,they have not found any answers at all... they just keep doing test that come up as nothing wrong! its so frustrating!!! and ive had this going on for about 2 months now! and my left thigh has gone completly numb for going on 3 weeks now.. and yet they keep telling me nothings wrong! please let me know if you find any answers. thanks!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • omg! i thought i was going crazy. i have every single symptom you do! plus a couple more, ive been to doctors, and the er,,they have not found any answers at all... they just keep doing test that come up as nothing wrong! its so frustrating!!! and ive had this going on for about 2 months now! and my left thigh has gone completly numb for going on 3 weeks now.. and yet they keep telling me nothings wrong! please let me know if you find any answers. thanks!It could be lymes disease all those symptoms common people don't always get rash with tick bite or remember tick bite
  • I have a rash around my right ankle and shin closest to the foot....i went to the doctor too the capillaries under the skin rupture and thats where it stays and turns into the rash my doctor called it Brachums Disease something to that effect...its harmless he told me. So im not worrying about it. let me know if you find out anything else
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement