Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Tightened and constricted feeling in forearms/calves

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 22, 2009
  • 10:11 PM

Alright, this all started happening about 1.5 months ago. One day out of the blue, I started getting a "tightened" or rather just odd feeling in my calf. In terms of physical strength, my leg was fine but I just got kind of a "weak" feeling only in my calf due to the tightness. This was accompanied by a tightened feeling in my forearms. In terms of my arms..do you know that feeling when you fall alseep on an arm? Let's say the numbness of your arm at that point is 100 percent, well, sometimes in either arm I get maybe 10% of that. Not really numb but I feel like I have to shake my arm to get blood flowing only nothing helps but time. Sometimes after a while I feel like I get a rush of blood flowing back in my hands or legs once this passes. So basically, this was going on and off, there is no pattern. Sometimes it would be both my right leg and right arm, sometimes just my two arms, sometimes a leg and sometimes for up to 3 days no uncomfortable feelings at all.

So I then did all the major hospital tests to test for major issues and nothing came back remarkable except for a low Vitamin D level. I then did an MRI of the lumbar area and L3, L4 and L5 were slightly bulging.

What annoys me however is the non-concrete diagnosis. Within the hospital (before the lumbar MRI) my physician was like "Definately Vitamin D. In a couple weeks you shouldn't feel anything." Well, a couple weeks passed and I still have this. After he saw the MRI, he said, "Oh, definately your back which is causing this." Well great, I suppose I should take the words without a grain of salt since my diagnosis was switched in 5 seconds ever since my results came back.

Now I will honest about my lifestyle. I don't smoke, I am 22, I am a male, I did not take any Vitamins before this BUT I don't/didn't eat fast food ever. Do any of you have any remote clue?

I just wanted to add something crucial. That usually these feelings can last anywhere from 1hr-4 or 5 hours but they do stop for the day.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement