Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Uncontrollable itch in hands and legs after eating somthing

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 15 Replies
  • Posted By: clearminded
  • January 22, 2009
  • 02:19 AM

Hi all,
I am getting a peculiar kind of skin problems. Most after avery meal(breakfast or after eating something) I get rash in my hands and legs. It is reddish in color and it is in shapes of long lines, big circles all over my hands and legs. I am feeling sleepy all the time even after a sound sleep. I have seen 3 doctors so far but all they give is an allergy tablet and some worms killing tablets. I have been taking treatment for the past two months. I am not getting any improvement at all. I am feeling that it may be candidaisis (after searching the net) and I do not know how to come out of this . I think even if blood is impure this may happen. I used to eat some dry fruits 3 months before but I stopped them. I stopped using perfumes for the past 2 months. I am not working in a any chemical industry. I do not know what to do now.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Krishna.

Reply Flag this Discussion

15 Replies:

• Does it matter what you eat?It sounds like a food allergy.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • January 23, 2009
    • 01:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This is not systemic candidiasis.
    • January 23, 2009
    • 01:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • So, how to treat this.
    clearminded 3 Replies
    • January 23, 2009
    • 04:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Inasmuch as itching is a mild form of pain,you can take aspirin(or ibuprofen or naproxen).I can't diagnose your rash without seeing it.
    • January 23, 2009
    • 05:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Regarding your fatigue,have you had any bloodwork to rule out various things?
    • January 23, 2009
    • 05:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sorry that I did not reply . I got TC DC test and stool test. The doctor said it may be due to some amoeba . My skin gets reddish and lines and circles of red color appear if I press my hands or legs against something. Then it starts itching badly. When I sleep, I get reddish circles and grains all over my body as I press my whole body against the bed. The doctor never seems to take my input. I am hopeless. I just wanted to know if my liver has any problems.Thanks.
    clearminded 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • What is a TC DC test?
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies Flag this Response
  • Your skin problem sounds like dermatographism.
  • Also,you didn't answer my question about what foods lead to your reaction.
  • TC DC is total and differential counts of RBC and WBC (I guess from the lab technician's discussions). I get it mostly after taking biscuits and sometimes wheat made food. Also if I touch some plastics and nylon I get itching in the part of contact. I also get itching if I press my sking on a surface for 5-10 minutes.What is dermatographism? Please tell me.Thanks.
    clearminded 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • You can look up dermatographism easier than I can explain it,but your symptoms sound like it to me.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• You might have a gluten allergy i9n consideration that you have symptoms after ingesting biscuits or wheat.
  • Just wondering if you got my posts?
  • Speaking from experience, it does sound like you have an overgrowth of candida albicans (i'm sure I mispelled that)lol but anyway, are you a male or female? Because if you are a female, then you probably have experienced a yeast infection as well in the vagina area...if you are a male, you may not have these symptoms but you can have the overgrowth. I am a female, and when I just got over a yeast infection of the vagina (sorry for the too much info), I noticed that after I eat certain foods, I would itch in the legs and in the forearms. This is because, even though the symptoms of the yeast infection is gone, those nasty buggers are still in your intensines, bladder and could be elsewhere if they have grown out of control.Don't let this go on for too long because they can spread to the kidneys, brain, etc. Not to scare you. Candida can also cause allergies to certain foods. They thrive on sugar, so you will need to get a new diet plan in order to get rid of these buggers. Your intensines will need to be cleaned out, so you should look into a detox of some kind or a colonopsy. You need to increase your water intake dramtically. Start drinking about 3-5 bottles of water. This will flush them out of your stool and bladder.Next, you need to stay away from refined sugar such as; cakes, pasteries, ice creams, candy, white bread, white rice, pasta (starchy foods). In other words, pretend that you have diabetes. You might even want to get checked to make sure you don't have that because candida overgrowth happens often in people with diabetes because of their high sugar levels, especially if they don't watch what they eat.stay away from: Peas, green beans, processed meats, any type of sugar, peanuts or walnuts (only eat seeds such as pumpkin seeds), dairy products (especially cheese), white or wheat bread (only eat millet bread) alcohol, sweet drinks (soda, juices).What to Eat: Sugar free cookies (make sure they are TRULY sugar free and don't just say sugar free. I had to find out the hard way that the "sugar free"" candy and cookies still have "alcohol sugar" in it which can raise your blood sugar and can cause you to itch. Chicken (make sure it is roasted, grilled or baked), pumpkin seeds, sugar free candy....only drink water.....do this for about 2-3 months along with the colonopsy and you should restore your PH balance back to normal. I hope this helps you as I am having the same problem :( Also, you can make your life a little easier if you just ask your nutritionist for a diabetes diet plan to follow and you will have a better time cooking your own food. For breakfast, cut out the orange juice and sweet pancakes and go for a egg mcmuffin with no cheese and a glass of water. Sorry to say, but you need a new doctor. It seems he just threw you a treatment to get you out of his office. This is why i hate the health care system. Worm cream? That's another word for candida overgrowth, and he should have told you that in the office. Good luck to you.Oh, and eat 1-2 cups of unsweetened sugar-free regular yogurt (not the vanilla kind just regualr). They have bacteria in it that will kill the yeast or candida overgrowth in your body. That should help. Hi all, I am getting a peculiar kind of skin problems. Most after avery meal(breakfast or after eating something) I get rash in my hands and legs. It is reddish in color and it is in shapes of long lines, big circles all over my hands and legs. I am feeling sleepy all the time even after a sound sleep. I have seen 3 doctors so far but all they give is an allergy tablet and some worms killing tablets. I have been taking treatment for the past two months. I am not getting any improvement at all. I am feeling that it may be candidaisis (after searching the net) and I do not know how to come out of this . I think even if blood is impure this may happen. I used to eat some dry fruits 3 months before but I stopped them. I stopped using perfumes for the past 2 months. I am not working in a any chemical industry. I do not know what to do now. Please help.Thanks in advance.Krishna.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2009
    • 11:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same reaction when eating wheat and I have celiac disease. Wheat is in everything.. I have to cook at home and not eat out. A simple blood test called a celiac panel would let you know for sure. Has to be an autoimmune reaction of some kind.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement