Discussions By Condition: Other Conditions

Adrenal Mass

Posted In: Other Conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 6, 2006
  • 04:16 AM

Hi I'm new to this. Just a short description and a couple of questions if I could. 2 years ago I was found to have a 3cm mass on my right adrenal gland. This was found by accident. Anyway, it has explained a lot of symptoms that I have been suffering for a long long time and was always put down to my weight. The doctor I was seeing at the time didnt seem too purturbed by it. He said, "It's nothing to worry about, go home and lose weight, you'll feel better". I did have a biopsy but I couldnt get a straight answer. I have since relocated towns and a recent CT has shown that it has grown to 3.5 x 3.4 x 3.4cm and now has irregular edges. I have an appointment to see a surgeon next month. What I would like to know is what size is considered dangerous as far as cancer goes? Cancer is very prevelant in my family. Another question is does it have anything to do with the fact that I was also diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries 10 years ago? I would appreciate any answers I could get and also any clues on what sort of questions I should be asking my surgeon when I see him

Rissy

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement