Discussions By Condition: Arm Conditions

Arm numbness from flu vaccine

Posted In: Arm Conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 16, 2009
  • 06:56 AM

I had a flu shot in my left arm in October. About 3 hours later my arm was limp and I could not move it. By the third day I was able to raise my arm a little, but it became painful when I tried to dress, sleep, etc. My doctor had never seen that reaction before, and I've never had a reaction from the flu vaccine before. He gave me pain pills on the first visit and an MRI on the next visit. He also referred me to an orthopedic doctor who had never seen a problem like this before. The MRI showed inflamation and a small tear in my rotator cuff. He did not think the shot caused it. I feel that it triggered all my problems since I had no symptoms before the vaccine but have been bothered with my shoulder and arm since. The shot was given higher on my arm than usual so I'm wondering if the injection was given incorrectly somehow. I'm hoping someone can give me some info about this problem.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Sounds to me like they hit a nerve. I went for a blood test in said my arms unfire the nurse asked the other nurse what do I do she said do it in the other arm. I had problems with that arm for other a month and a half before it started to come back. They do go up to far sometimes with the flu shot. and they give you one heck of a jab. Hope it feels better soon
    ithurts 12 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement