Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Migraine or TIA?

Posted In: General well-being 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jwsory
  • November 5, 2006
  • 06:51 PM

I'm a 38 y/o male. Recently I've been experiencing vision problems. Negative images after blinking, streaks of light, blurred vision, difficulty seeing at nigh to drive especially while it's raining. So, I went to my eye doctor and during a routine exam she asked some questions. When she asked about numbness or tingleing in my extrimeties I said sure, in my left arm. She asked about pressure in the eyes and I replied behind my right eye. She stated before she can prescribe glasses that I needed to see my PCP and have a physical and blood work. But before I could get in to see him, the next day I ended up in the ER. I had a headache that wouldn't go away with OTC meds, pressure behind my right eye, numbness and loss of grip in my left arm, balancing problems, and difficulty speaking. BP was normal and blood test reported only a high white blood cell count. A CT showed a optlitical infarct on the right lobe possibly an old hemmorage. I was treated for a "A Typical Migraine" and released to follow up with PCP. The next day a MRI was ordered but I can't get the results until my PCP returns from vacation. I'm stressing bad since I don't know if I had a TIA or Migraine. Can anyone help?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement