Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Feeling cold when it's hot

Posted In: Nerve conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 13, 2006
  • 04:35 PM

I have bouts of feeling cold when it's really hot......others have said I might have something wrong with my thyroid but the doctor has checked that. I am also a diabetic and have kidney failure. All doctors say the same thing.....they don't know why I feel cold and then drop the subject. It is like they think it's all in my head......which it isn't. I get so cold I shake uncontrolably and have to cover up with blankets....usually an electric blanket. I've even had to go outside in 100 degree + temperatures to warm up while my air conditioning system is running in the house. I cannot turn off the a/c as other people live in the house and they would get too hot. Please help give me an idea of what to do next......thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Have you lost weight? Does your heart feel like it's racing? Using an electric blanket is not normal to maintain body temperature to stop shaking and chills. You need to see an endocrinologist and get a second opinion. There are a multitude of hormone problems that could be related. There are several tests for thyroid and other adrenal issues. Good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Has your central nervous system been checked?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2007
    • 09:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This could be a problem with your autonomic nervous system - called autonomic neuropathy - which certainly can happen in diabetics. I'm not sure that there's any easy cure, but mention that idea to your diabetologist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 04:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Its possible you're hypoglycemic. Try eating something. It works for me. I feel exactly as you do- feeling chilled or even radiating cold when the place is 'hot' according to others. I eat something, and I warm right up.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2008
    • 03:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have bouts of feeling cold when it's really hot......others have said I might have something wrong with my thyroid but the doctor has checked that. I am also a diabetic and have kidney failure. All doctors say the same thing.....they don't know why I feel cold and then drop the subject. It is like they think it's all in my head......which it isn't. I get so cold I shake uncontrolably and have to cover up with blankets....usually an electric blanket. I've even had to go outside in 100 degree + temperatures to warm up while my air conditioning system is running in the house. I cannot turn off the a/c as other people live in the house and they would get too hot. Please help give me an idea of what to do next......thanks.i feel exactly same- i feel cold all time when it's boiling outside-but i feel warmer in winter
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 20, 2010
    • 07:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • reynauds symptom/syndrome
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement