Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cant breath, pressure behind ribs, heart palipitations

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 25 Replies
  • Posted By: n0w0mann0cry
  • December 31, 2008
  • 05:43 PM

one day, about 3 months ago, i was watching a movie in a theatre. All of a sudden i felt like i couldnt get enough air. not neccesarily "trouble breathing" but this intense feeling like my lungs were not expanding all the way, like i cannot get a deep breathe. Then in the midst of not being able to breathe, my heart started feeling like it was POUNDING. it didnt speed up much, no more than 110-120 BPM, but it felt like it was pounding so hard that i could feel it through my entire body. i walked out of the theatre, and i got some water. After a couple minutes the most of the symptoms subsided and i felt realy worn out. Also i had this feeling like my upper left side, under my ribs, was Bloated. it felt like my ribs were being pushed out. I decided to go to the hospital, but i wasnt able to make it untill about 2-3hours later when most my symptoms were gone. The ER doctor told me, it was probably a panic attack, and he perscribed me valium.

Since then, the problem has gotten somewhat worse. Now i have trouble getting a "full breathe" 24/7, it just never feels like im getting enough air, and sometimes i feel like im suffocating, but i think its becuase i start FOCUSING on it. The bloating behind the ribs comes and goes throughout the day, and somtimes its better or worse. My heart only occasionaly starts pounding now, usualy 1-3 times a month, however it has gotten worse lately(after i had a endoscopy and colonoscopy, its been pounding almost every day for the past week). Also it gets worse when i lay down, in the last week it has been happening everytime i lay down. At first i could change position to get it to stop, but now it happens now matter how im laying. Standing up seems to help releive it, but it occasionaly happens when standing up too.

Anyways, i went to the heart doctor.. they did like 3 EKGs, an echocardiogram, and a stress test. They say everything looks okay, and that it might be some sort of tachycardia and they gave me a 30 day monitor. However usualy when i cant breathe, or have chest pain, or anything of that nature.. i check my pulse and its completly fine. And when my heart pounds it realy doesnt speed up to much 115bpm max.

so i went to the lung doctor, He gave me medicine for acid reflux but it does absolutly nothing, then they checked for asthma.. and i dont have it. Also i have tried taking my valium and it just makes it harder for me to breathe and it doesnt slow my heart down at all.

Then i went to the STOMACH doctor, i told him about the pressure behind my ribs, an erlier doctor suggested gasX and Fiber NEITHER worked. This doctor decided to do an Colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. During the process of Flushing out my bowels, the bloating behind my ribs died down a little. The results of the endoscopy and colonoscopy showed nothing.

I have been the the ER about 10 times in last year or so. Early in the year i had a collpased lung. It wasnt too bad so they just let it resolve on its own. Then i went twice for pericarditis, i had it once, it went away, then i had it again. Both thr collapsed lung and pericarditus didnt cuse anything more than chest pain. All the other times i have gone to the ER were for problems relating to my current problem. The lung doctor hasnt taken an X-ray yet, probably becuase the last one i had was like 4 weeks ago. But im seeing him again on monday.

Here comes one of my biggest problems. EVERY DOCTOR I HAVE SEEN, constantly INSISTS that its just ANXIETY... over and over. I have OCD AND generaly anxiety. iv been anxious since i was 5, however after highschool it started to get alot better. im STILL somewhat anxious but nothing debilitating. OCCASIONALY i will get overly anxious or have a mild panic attack. However... i know when im anxious i know what i feels like, and i understand that the reason my hearts speeding up, and im breathing hard is BECUASE im anxious. HOWEVER, what really tics me off is a bunch of doctors Telling my im having panic attacks (even though my trouble breathing and pressure behind ribs is daily) when i am absolutly NOT. my symptoms usualy get worse when im doing something incredibly relaxing. Like watching a movie or laying down. They "Somtimes" get worse if i eat to much, or if i havnt eaten. and my heart usualy only pounds if im laying down or sitting back. the valium actualy makes my problems worse and the doctors still wont listen to me. Its like "anxiety" is any doctors answer when they cant find a problem.

anyways some quick facts i left out
im 18, 135lbs, 6'1 tall. I eat a ton of food, and lately my appetite is even bigger.
- i asked for a thyroid test at the ER but they never called me with the results.

i was having sharp pains in my abdominal region but they seem to have gone away, my bowel habits have gotten a little irregural but nothing big.

i do have mild tightness in my throat, just under my adams apple, and its causing a little bit of trouble swallowing.

I feel somewhat certain that the pressure, trouble breathing, and heart pouding are all related. Becuase all three symtpoms presented themselvs at the exact same time, and iv never experienced ANY of them before that day.

I really need help getting to the bottom of my problem, Even its something as simple as... my colon is inflamed... pushes on my diaphram causing trouble breathing, and pushes up toward my heart when i lay down.

Even if its not life threatening... Having your heart POUND out of your chest, and this feeling of suffocating all the time is REALLY started to make me feel like im going to drop dead any second.

Reply Flag this Discussion

25 Replies:

• You could still have air where it shouldn't be from that collasped lung. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2008/1230/1229728635195.html Stick with the lung doctor. In the meantime, learn EFT: www.emofree.com
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 1, 2009
    • 05:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What type of pericarditis did you have?Having it twice really gets my attention.The pneumothorax is not uncommon in tall,skinny men.What OCD meds are you on?By definition you are apt to obsess about something,and it appears that it could be your health.Obviously,you have nothing right now that's life-threatening because of the chronicity of your symptoms.I do wonder if you might have an autoimmune disorder with those two episodes of pericarditis.Now,don't start obsessing over that!
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies
    • January 1, 2009
    • 10:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Okay, I agree that further evaluation of the pericarditis is warranted and some labs to screen for autoimmune disorders would suffice for the time being. To the issue that seems more overwhelming to you, let me speak a few minutes about panic disorder. I want to discuss it purely from a physiological standpoint and see if we can better explain some of your symptoms and refrain from trying to hang a label around your neck of some type. First of all, realize that physical symptoms do not necessarily equate with physical disease. It is both an innate characteristic and prominent social training that causes humans to make this direct connection. So it stands to reason that when unfamiliar symptoms arise, apprehension is quite intense that it's related to some as yet unidentified physical disorder or disease and more likely a serious one. The continuation of the rather unpredictable course of symptoms can begin to errode a person's self-confidence and well-being such that a low-level fearfulness predominates the thought processes. There is oftentimes vigilence to autonomic functions such as heartbeat, heart rate and respiration that can extend to other other body functions for signs of trouble or any departure from what they know to be normal. This sort of mental feedback can introduce something known as a fight or flight response, wherein the nervous system goes on high alert. It's important to understand that this response is an entirely normal function under the right circumstances and is controlled by the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. You can sort of think of the sympathetic nervous system as the gas pedal, accelerating the heart and respiration, increasing awareness and visual acuity, decreasing GI functions and generally preparing the body to either fend off a threat or run from it. Think of the parasympathetic nervous system as the brakes, lowering heart rate and respiration, returning cognitive vigilence and visual acuity to more base-level functioning and increasing GI motility and peristalsis. In general, the parasympathetic drives induce physiological attenuation of the excitatory phases caused by the sympathetic nervous system. Again, under the right circumstances, these changes are entirely normal. Now, let's employ a real-life example to illustrate how these two systems work in concert to create physiological changes. Let's suppose that you're at the movies and you become engrossed in the visual effects and impact of the film that is designed to invoke emotion of some type. Let's further use the context wherein these effects cause fear. As tension mounts in the movie scene, we can begin to experience apprehension of some climactic event about to unfold. The respiration is increased, together with heart rate and unknown to most folks at the time, systolic blood pressure. Auditory senses are also increased and we become further affected by the pause in sound or single monotones that we are accustomed to associating with mounting tension on the movie screen. Suddenly, the threshold event occurs and we are momentarily jolted by the surprise and unpredictability. The heart begins racing and may even skip a beat or two, respiration becomes shallow and rapid, even irregular, the stomach may experience a sinking feeling that is associated with adrenal surge, tingling sensations rush through the body and tightness is sensed in the throat of some persons and because our senses are highly stimulated, we absorb the full emotional impact. Realize that the body responds with lightning fast changes because the brain interprets the situation to represent danger, regardless of whether it's real or not. The description of the events outlined above are associated with sympathetic nervous response. Once the threshold passes and folks stop screaming or gasping, the brain senses from visual and other feedback that the fear has passed. So the heart suddenly slows down and in the case where a rapid change in blood pressure occurs, it can sometimes fall too low. In fact, in some cases people have been known to feel faint or actually pass out momentarily as a result of this rapid change. Understand at this point that when blood pressure falls too quickly, there are sensors in the large arteries in your neck that send signals to the cardiac center of the brain and tells the heart to quickly increase its force so that blood pressure is returned to normal. You sense this as pounding heart. Increased cardiac force is one of the quickest ways for the body to restore normal blood pressure. The body also increases GI function and some people on rare occasion have been known to lose continence. This event has often been characterized in a more crasse and descriptive jargon. Okay, so now you see how the body typically responds to circumstances where fear is detected and the fight or flight response causes physiological changes to occur. It is of interesting note that all during these changes, no one contemplates whether these vast changes in physiology might represent symptoms of an underlying disease. In fact, people even openly discuss them as commonplace, describing the consequence as something to the effect of "my heart skipped a beat!" or "my heart was pounding out of my chest!" or "I couldn't get my breath!" and a long, descriptive list of other exclamations used to represent what we all know to be normal physiological reactions to something that frightened us. Now what about the case where no external event exists, such as the climax in the movie film, to make the direct connection between what we sense as the body makes these changes in upregulation and down-regulation? Well, realize that almost without exception, the description you are providing with respect to symptoms that have you so concerned about underlying disease, are actually the very same physiological responses occuring during a fearful event like the example we've discussed. Only in the latter case, your mind does not make any rational connection such that it appears normal to you and thus, people affected in such a manner begin resorting to irrational thoughts and questions about all the odd and abnormal sensations occurring that in the absence of a reasonable connection, must now be associated with disease of some kind. The fact that people can't seem to get that long, inspirational breath has to do with several body functions that are affected by the nervous system and you also need to realize that most often, the changes are more dramatic on the parasympathetic side because it feels like things are shutting down, ie heart palpitations, lowered respiration, increased GI function(which can increase motility and cause air or gas to become trapped in the lumen of the intestines and place pressure on the diaphragm, which you sense as a catch or swelling under the lower edge of the ribcage. In other words, the diaphragm can't draw down as far without a sensation of pressure and people who sense this, struggle to overcome it and feel as though they can't get enough air. They may even forcibly yawn to try and cause a deep breath to occur). Understand that there is a main nerve, the vagus nerve, which innervates the heart, lungs, larnyx (tightness in the throat) and the GI tract which responds as part of the parasympathetic nervous system to make all these changes at once. When the parasympathetic drives begin to compensate, the muscles at the larnyx can be affected due to vagus nerve response and people feel as though their throat is closing off. It is actually only muscle stimulation that yields this effect, but fear and panic causes the person to struggle even harder to get a deep breath. This sensation is known as Globus Hystericus and is quite common in persons with panic. All of these sensations and changes occurring at once cause fear that something is going terribly wrong and the person feels the urge to run for safety. Thoughts begin to race, which only provides further escalation of the fear that consequently drives the nervous system to respond in a more intensified manner. At some point, a panic threshold can occur that represents a sort of release from a struggle to maintain one's composure of the event and physical collapse is almost imminent. The problem for many people is that physicians tend to avoid such a lengthy discourse due to obvious time constraints and simply characterize the symptoms as due to anxiety. Most people who receive such an answer flatly deny that it's due to mere anxiety, and they're right. What you are sensing is caused by a step beyond anxiety, but does not represent situational anxiety of the caliber that is recognized by most people. What you actually have is a somatic or physical response which exceeds the normal realm of situational anxiety. It is a chronic stimulation of factors related to the nervous system that produce changes which you are misinterpreting as symptoms of disease. All tests for an underlying cause will be negative because diagnostic algorithms are based upon actual markers of disease. The reason is that the same nervous system network is used in both cases to produce physiological changes, both in instances where underlying disease can be the cause or in your case where it is nothing more than the stimulation of the nervous system itself occurs. Also realize that true disease is more than just stimulation of certain nervous system functions and real symptoms of actual disease are confirmed based upon the company they keep. In other words, certain symptoms in the absence of others is insufficient for association with disease. My suggestion at this point is to relax. I've reviewed your constellation of symptoms and while I won't echo the comments of your healthcare professionals, I will tell you that I do not believe your symptomatology to be associated with disease. You'll be just fine. Best regards, J Cottle, MD
    JCottleMD 580 Replies
    • January 2, 2009
    • 03:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Although I agree with Dr. Cottle,I still would like to explore your episodes of pericarditis further.Also,I forgot to tell you that the feeling you're having in your lest upper quadrant is likely splenic flexure syndrome;i.e.,gas.
    • January 2, 2009
    • 01:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What type of pericarditis did you have?Having it twice really gets my attention.The pneumothorax is not uncommon in tall,skinny men.What OCD meds are you on?By definition you are apt to obsess about something,and it appears that it could be your health.Obviously,you have nothing right now that's life-threatening because of the chronicity of your symptoms.I do wonder if you might have an autoimmune disorder with those two episodes of pericarditis.Now,don't start obsessing over that!True, but as iv aged my problems with anxiety have gotten alot better. Although im very anxious, im also incredibly aware of my body. For example when my lung collpased i kept insisting that my lung had collapsed - the doctor assured me it hadnt but that they would do an X-ray and.... it did. I told my doctors and that my heart hurt and they insisted it was anxiety, they did a echo and beleive it or not! i had pericarditus. I told them my chest hurt again and they explained to me that it probably wasnt peridcarditus since i had already experienced it, but - TAdAaa! it had comback, although it was more mild. I told the doctors that my tailbone was sticking out and that it felt broken, they xrayed it and it turns out the two bones connected to my cocxyx had broken off. -even though i have experienced anxiety,i can actualy stare at a heart monitor and intentionaly drop my heart rate from 115bpm to under 60bpm.My problems with Ocd arent too typical. I get stuck in mental loops where i have trouble getting certain thoughts out of my mind, but not the kind of thoughts you act upon. Things like traumatic experiences or things people have done to me. Also i check things alot but usualy only in sitations where i think myself, or somone i care about will get hurt, EX. lock doors, make sure i dont leave small objects out for my pets to eat. etc. My other axieties have alot to do with self confidence Late into my highschool years i have gotten better to the point that i never have any panic attacks, excluding things like break ups... or something of that nature. I still have issues with self cofidence but i no longer hide or make a big deal out of social situationsNow a days, i still have some OCD tendencies, i need to work on that confidence... but i dont really experience anything NEAR anxiety unless im performing infront of others (public speaking, music) or taking a test.I guess my point is that im very aware, and in controll of my Body. I think its understandable to consider that my first bouts with a racing heart and trouble breathing were panic attacks, but the fact that the same symptoms persisted and now affect my quality of life lead me to beleive its something else.somtimes i wake up becuase my heart pounding and i find it hard to beleive im anxious while sleeping , and no i dont have nightmares. i dont have trouble breathing like iv had in the past with panic attacks, i literlay have this feeling like something just isnt expanding all the way or is too tight. I get all the Air in the world, but its "useless" without that "i just got a nice big breathe feeling". its like eating and never getting unhungry. If anything im less anxious about it than ever, becuuse i live with it day to day. i feel like its highly unlikely that the only time i would experience physical problems with anxiety.. is at age 18, when my anxiety is gone, highschool is over, and im on vacation celebrating somones birthday, while watching a movie (which is when it first happened). I also feel like being able to walk around with valium at my dispense would ease my mind if it was anxiety but like i said, the problems have only gotten worse, and the valium doesnt help. It ralaxes me so much that it makes my struggle breathing worse. i like to bring up my problems with anxiety to help show that this problem isnt related, but i feel like it might be puting me at a disadvantage becuase it usualy does the opposite.Anyways i have some new symptoms-tightness in throat, and im burping up foam - and alot of chest pains that feel like they are on the inside of my ribs, aswell as some pains between my shoulder and nipplethere was actualy a while today where my symptoms almost went away completly for 1-2 hours, however eating seemed to make the problem go erratic, not eating seems like it has the same effect.I know that i kind of like to ramble on about any "symptom" im having, but take them with a grain of salt. my main symptoms are problem getting a full breath, and this pressure behind my ribs - and occasional heart pounding... but only seems to be happening when i lay down, and gets worse if i put my left arm under the pillow. Please any help will be appriciated, and when i see the doctor on monday i will post an update. i know i suck at typing - the end.
    n0w0mann0cry 1 Replies
    • January 2, 2009
    • 02:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello,Reading your story is very close to mine. I am only 17 and I was diagnoised with Mitral Valve Prolapse. It sounds like you may have it. I get chest pains with it and I'm used to it by now, shortness of breath, and fatigue or tiredness. Lately my shortness of breath the past WEEK has been 24/7 I know how it feels not breathing right and like you are the only one in the world. I try to tell my body to relax but like you have said, it doesn't help.Honestly, I would try a different drug I am on 5 mg of Buspar twice a day and it helps me remain calm even though I don't feel right. There is a lot of fear packed in me but I was at a heart hospital for three days, emergency room 4 times in the past month and about 8 doctor visits and about 4 doctors have told me its anxiety. I know it doesn't feel like it but I am starting to believe it is in my head and I am patiently waiting for my meds to kick into high gear.But ask about Mitral Valve, I was on a beta blocker for a few weeks and my symptoms from pain and around my left side vanished!Best wishes to you, hang in there I know exactly how you feel.Erin
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 9, 2009
    • 00:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You didn't reply to my ''?'s'' about your pericarditis,nor did you mention my opinion that this might be an autoimmune phenomenon.
    • January 9, 2009
    • 11:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Are you currently taking any kind of ADHD medication? I could have written your post myself. I had every single symptom, and I also know how my body reacts to anxiety and how to control it. Long story short....I ran out of my ADHD medication while out of town and could not get the prescription filled for a week. During that week every single symptom disappeared. My ability to take a deep breath came back, my throat opened up, heart palpatations stopped, chest pain stopped, I could eat again without feeling like I was going to suffocate etc.... Needless to say i'm still off the ADHD meds and still feel great, almost 9 months later. Best wishes
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 9, 2009
    • 06:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • maybe you should get a simple blood test for celiac disease.it is not rare like most dr.s think about 1 in 130 people have it. i used to have panic attacks all the time. and when you stated that it felt a bit better after you were flushed out, it made me think.go check out celiac.com read some of the forums and ask some questions.it is an autoimmune disease that affects way more than just your stomach.good luck in finding answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2009
    • 07:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Okay, I agree that further evaluation of the pericarditis is warranted and some labs to screen for autoimmune disorders would suffice for the time being. J Cottle, MDdr cottle i am 15 and having heart problems as well i am verry active as a baseball player and i just got done playing my chest is hurting like my whole chest and i cant get full breaths when i lay down at night i seem to feel it more but i could just be because im thinking about it i took some pepsol thinking it was alot of acid in my stomach because i drank 12 rockstar energy drinks in a week and i stopped so idk if this is withdrawls or what but ive been feeling for about 4 days now. im kinda scared because i dont want to die and hopefully im not. but if u can tell me wats wrong i thik i will feel alot better. thank you
    Dominic6250820 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Im 19 years of age.. My name is Amy.. I stumbled across this.. I've been having the same problem but for me it was since i was born.. Ive gone to the doctor and done so many sleep studies and nothing.. They say nothing is wrong with me.. It happens all the time but for me it gets worse.. I feel my throat is closing up and my ribs wont expand i stop breathing completely till i pass out. Sometime i get little red dots all over my body.. And still nothing.. If you find anything out please let me know.. Cause i feel like a fish with no water..My email is amyg90716@yahoo.com..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i thinkonly think okay that maybe after your collasped lung your lung hasnt scealed up compleatly and has a hole in it still. if so then that may be why you have youre heart pounding feeling and you cant seem to get a good breath of air because air still leaks through that hole and over time goes back into your lungs (hence vibrations work easier through air which might be the cause of your heart feel like it is beating harder but your pulse feels ralitively normal).i hope that makes sense and only an ideai could be wrong
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 27, 2009
    • 09:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing for about a year now, I thought it was heart problems too and also take medicine for anxiety but that's not the problem at all the doctors didn't know what was wrong and said I was crazy and to take my brain medicine. But I think I now know what it is. it's a slipped rib. don't take muscle relaxers it'll get worse! It felt like a had something growing inside my chest becuase the rib under my collarbone pops out slightly then before I thought it was a cyst. but i'm pretty sure it's a slipped rib.it's a dull ache somtimes feels like it burning, I can feel my heart pulse it's very uncomfortable . I feel like i'm short on oxygen sometimes i don't know or if it's just the pain disctracting me. It probably popped out during dip exercise and plus bad posture.I've noticed that I have bad posture i let my head forward putting pressure on the ribs so a try to maintiain straight posture and it helps I really hope we all can feel better. peace.p.s. nothing serious just a rib out of place.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2009
    • 09:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well, I had that problem a year or so ago. I solved it by not drinking anymore sodas. But, then I had to stop all carbonated drinks and coffee. I haven't felt it since. I guess it was acid and overeating junk food with mind altering stuff like caffeine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2009
    • 03:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i thinkonly think okay that maybe after your collasped lung your lung hasnt scealed up compleatly and has a hole in it still. if so then that may be why you have youre heart pounding feeling and you cant seem to get a good breath of air because air still leaks through that hole and over time goes back into your lungs (hence vibrations work easier through air which might be the cause of your heart feel like it is beating harder but your pulse feels ralitively normal).i hope that makes sense and only an ideai could be wrongMEH....You do not need to have a hole in a lung to have or always = a Pneumothorax("collapsed lung"). If you were walking around or even better laying around with a hole in your lung it would turn worse before better without treatment. Such as chest tube or needle aspiration. Also if that much air was leaking and did not cause expanding or tension you would more than likely develope Subcutaneous Emphysema. If you continue to get spontaneous Pneumos you can have a procedure (pleurodesis) done to fix this isssue. It is done with glues, threads, or clips.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2009
    • 01:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the exact same problem you are having and im the same age, i just got off my 30 day monitor today, and yet they still dont know whats going on with me. i have been on tiazac medication for almost a year and they keep uping my perscription cause nothing is working, then in october they did a heart procedure called heart cathederization and they couldnt solve it through that... i am still having the exact same feelings as you are but all my doctors are telling is its sinus tachycardia but nothing works.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2010
    • 04:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hello dear:I had almost the same problem, now I am much better and no more troubles.1: NO MORE CAFFEINE! NO SODA! NO TEA!only and only drink water and camemile tea. and stop drinking any kind of alcohol. Just remember ONLY WATER!2: STOP MILK PRODUCT! no milk! no cheese! No pizza!you can eat Yogurt maybe ONLY AND ONLY 2 to 4oz a day.NO ICE CREAMS!3: yo have to do a vegan diet at least for 2 weeks, meaning No Meat!I am Vegetarian Now and I eat can tuna fish once or twice a week.4: Lower your activities! Stay away from computers.Stop Smoking if you are smoking, and stay away from smokers.now here is healing process!You have a very very sensitive nerves system, so please start to relax more and try to go to church and trust me GOD will save you. You just have to put your anxiety and stress in his hands and ask him to help you and take them away, and have faith because all you have to do is believe! believe that you will heal! believe that you are a better person! and GOD Loves you.after you start your new diet you will find much less attacks and less and less but if you feel bloating in stomach again, it is GAS, and caused by many facts, so get some Mylanta (Anti Gas and Anti Acid ) and just take a sip, and drink some water, and start slowly walking around Out side your house, just get out of your room, then start chewing Gum always help too, and rub your left side of stomach gently and try to burp it out ( Make fake burps till it starts to burping and get rid of gas in your stomach ).you keep the diet as long as you can and stay away from all that bad foods and Dyed and colored meats "the use Red Color to make meat looking better" and stay away from Coffee, Soda, Tea, ....just start your old life where you left off when you where five :)GOD BLESS :)
    yoopti 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • ive had the exact same prob. for over 6 years now,,, this year is the worst for me,,, ant temp change makes it happen with me,, i did find if i can find cooler air then the air im in when it starts i goes away much faster an i feel i can breath a bit better! Ive ben through cemo an radeation 3 times, an a stem cell transplant. the first time it happen to me was during a 4 hr. cemo session they gave me 3 mg. adavan i.v. push an of course it went away, it put me out for 3 hours,,, but i never thought nothing of it till i was back at work 2 years later ( switchman for the railroad) I have to ride the tail car an give my driver, car counts to like the next r.r. crossing or the next switch point in the rail or the nex car we r going to hook up to...... when he does not hear from me with in 1/2 of the last car count he has to stop the train! got so bad they let me go, cause i couldnt even walk out the door somedays if the temp was over 70 degrees.. not only that but the shower does it also. an im tired of seeing voice therpy, astma dr, heart dr. an any othere ones you can think of an they all tell me im nuts, even though i do it in there presents! they all say its in my head an axiety.. witch i dont understand cause i can be sleeping an it will happen or as you say movie theater (witch sets it off the fastest) or even just going for a drive with my wife! if you get any answers plz pass them on, I dont know about you but living this way? Im going nuts,, i cant do anything with out setting it off now. ide rather the cancer come back agaqin at least i know i can fight that an everyone wont think "its in my head" Im at my wits end now! dont know were togo or what todo!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2010
    • 06:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed I wrote all these symptoms. You've replicated them all perfectly. I've had "it" for about 8 years now. It's definitely 24/7 for me. I haven't went to the same extremes as all of you to get tested... all I know is that I'm a relatively healthy 19 year old. Relative meaning I have not been tested for anything that could be causing this other than the really obvious things like asthma, etc, etc. I don't really worry about it... the only time I actually feel like I'm suffocating, oddly enough, is during some movies. Maybe I get to into the movie and forget to breathe or something. (haha, I wish) And another odd thing about this "problem" - I either have an extremely high endurance, or maybe it isn't actually as much of a problem as we believe. Maybe the doctors are right when they say it is all in our heads. The reason I say this is to do with physical fitness... I can push myself really hard, and despite the feeling of not getting enough air the entire time... I can just keep going. I was always one of the most physically fit people in school - despite feeling winded after like 5 seconds of activity. If I truly wasn't getting enough air... if I was really struggling as bad as I feel like I am - I don't think I would be able to partake in such demanding activities. (If you've ever heard of the beep test, I would always stop because of burning legs and lack of speed... not lack of air) If I pushed hard I could achieve around a 12.5 in the beep test; which exceeds the requirements of the acceptable fitness of a Royal Marine. The Marines have the highest fitness requirements of the entire army..So is it really in my head? I don't know... it seems so real. My advice to you guys is just live your life... deal with the more serious "attacks" as they come. Try to make yourself yawn. It will pass after you decide to take your mind off it.. then it will go back to the lingering feeling that's always in the back of my mind. The less you think about it the less you notice it though. (But it never goes completely away) I've come to accept it as part of my life... doesn't seem like it's going away any time soon and it doesn't look like we'll have a treatment anytime soon - so we may as well get used to it.Good luck guys/gals!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2010
    • 09:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,For the past six years, I have struggled with unexplained chronic chest wall pain. It was not until an internist pressed down over my gallbladder and after having an echo cardiogram that I slowly began piecing it together. The pressure from the doctor pressing down on my ribs and from the technician rolling the ultrasound device around my sternum and ribcage was enough to put me in tears. Everything tightened up from the pain and I could barely breath. This all began after an over extension when doing a yoga posture of all things. Recent discussion with my ND has just about confirmed my suspicions that my chronic pain is skeletal. From time to time, I can feel and hear an alarming shifting sensation in my ribcage when I rise from bending as well as stabbing pain when I laugh or sneeze too hard.For those with smaller torsos like myself, it is my belief that pressure and misalignment can indeed cause occasional heart palpitations as well.I am not going to tell of all you reading this post to just forget about it because the longevity of this ailment can certainly affect quality of life. However, what I will say is stay active and involved in social activities in order to avoid isolating. Finding a good osteopath or chiropractor is imperative.Anyone who can endure pain as long as all of you deserve the utmost respect from the health and medical industry.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2011
    • 10:07 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement