Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

Upper Left Quadrant Pain

Posted In: Blood conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: silver_raven
  • November 4, 2006
  • 07:59 PM

This is possibly in the wrong section, but due to blood work, I've posted this here.

Symptoms and blood/urine tests:

3 RBC in urine

low end WBC on CBC (bottom of "average", top of "low" count for WBC, depending on allowed for hospital

Upper left quadrant pain (started out as a fullness feeling about 5 months ago, after those 3 UTI's and 1 kidney infection....turned painful randomly...it still feels like a fullness, but I maintain my appetite, and it seems affected only by direct pressure via fingers, ie-exam...if it hurts, it hurts a lot, and pushing on it makes it hurt that much more. I no longer can handle tight hugs, as they are very uncomfortable.

No blood sugar issues

Perfect GI test (barium drink)

Weightloss (past month)

Large/somewhat increased food intake and appetite (past few months)

Vegan diet (6 months)

Foods don't alter the pain, lack of food doesn't alter pain either

Multiple UTI's

No fever

Slightly elevated blood pressure (top number, not bottom number); lower than the average person's blood pressure runs in my family though

Tests that were done/soon to be done that results are unknown as of yet:

Xray (determine gallstones/kidney stones)
Sonogram (determine liver/spleen issues)

when I say I'm eating more, I do not mean I'm eating more fruits and veggies. I'm eating a very high-carb diet, with a lot of "bad" carbs, as well as "healthy" oils (ie-potatoes, olive oil, corn, white flour foods)
I consume beans (refried as well as hummus), seeds, etc.
also, I eat a lot of sugar products (sweets, banana bread, etc).

I take vitamins for B12 that are "non-vegan" (have 5333%--yes, five thousand...B12...generally don't take a full serving, but enough to get the vitamin benefits.)

Mainly, I'm worried about the weightloss. I have to eat about 5 times a day, several servings worth, and even then, I'm still losing weight. Went from 129 to 122.9 in a matter of 2 weeks (same hospital scale, same clothing weight, etc)...this is usually a weightloss at a speed that I really have to watch what I'm eating, and I've been eating more, not less, and losing weight. I was having trouble fitting into a 7/8 before all this, and now comfortably wear a size 5. I'm 24, almost 25, so my metabolism shouldn't be randomly speeding up.

Thanks if anyone has any ideas, or at least some types of bloodwork and tests that might determine what's going on.

Every two or three weeks, I get nausea, and really sick and sometimes even puke, but it only lasts a day and then I'm back to my extreme eating regimen.

Thanks again!
Stephanie

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement