Discussions By Condition: Head conditions

Head pressure, Spaced out, foggy, dizzy, fatigue, top neck ache

Posted In: Head conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 27, 2008
  • 09:49 PM

Hello

A month and 1/2 ago i started feeling constantly spaced out, and cognitively deficient. A couple of days after i started feeling a constant dull headache... almost like it's brain pressure. A week after that i realized how the dull headache would radiate from the base of my skull / top of my spine and spread through out my head. Now my whole neck aches and the the dull ache at the top of my spine / base of my skull and head intensified slightly.

i use to enjoy intellectual conversation but now find it somewhat difficult because of frequent brain ****s, memory gaps and I feel mentally slow. I constantly have to wrestle with a shortened attention span and a spaced out feeling with passive meditation. I also feel like everything in my head registers things much more slowly... verbally and visually. Sometimes i make really stupid decisions like looking for milk in the co bard... as if i'm so spaced out that i do things without before i think about it..

some history:
I use to be a gym freak until 6 months ago. 2 years ago, While working out i use to feel a pinched nerve in my neck... one time i got really sick after immediately after a gym session where i was lifting heavy overhead. I was in the Navy so they just handed me Tylenol and sent me back to work. I was so sick i could barely move and my neck was aching... I had a lot of cold sweaty nights. It lasted about 5 days and i lost 20 pounds. i thought it was the flu but my two overweight friends saw how skinny i was and ( I s**t you not) decided to lick the rhym of the cup i was drinking out of but never got sick. When i got somewhat healthy I went back to the gym and the same less intense symptoms showed up again.. but i felt my neck hurting first. so i stayed out the gym for a month.

also, i expirimented with Pot this year from June till September.. then again in the beginning of November for a week. But i know people with who smoked for a decade and don't share my symptoms.

unfortunately i can't go to the doctor at the moment because i don't have health insurance. (No you don't get it once out the Service) Can anyone help me out, i've been reading forums all week and didn't get a diagnosis. Does anyone have any information or know where i can ask around?

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• ee
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 10, 2014
    • 10:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I actually have very similar symptoms. I had the same tension in the neck for a few months then felt faint at the gym one day. Ever since then I have had a sensitive neurological system and recently I have been getting pressure headaches and brain fog. Still trying to find the cause. If I do I will surely let you know.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 22, 2014
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a possible iron deficiency.
    Strenuous exercise (e.g. Gym exercise) can deplete iron levels.
    Iron deficiency is less common in males than females, but is found in some males who exercise a lot.
    Get your blood iron levels tested to see whether you are iron deficient or not.
    Iron deficiency can have many symptoms, but Iron excess can have symptoms too - so don't take iron unless you are deficient.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 31, 2014
    • 10:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I share the exact same symptoms, less the pain aspect. The symptoms seem to increase with exercise. It's been mentally crippling and I've become withdrawn from social situations and am not performing as I should at work. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 1, 2014
    • 11:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It might be muscle tension effecting your nerves and or blood supply. Get a foam roller and massage ball (lacrosse ball). Place the ball on the foam roller and using as much weight as is bearable dig into your neck muscles. If they hurt then chances are they are causing you trouble. Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 3, 2014
    • 03:02 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement