Discussions By Condition: Head conditions

Head pressure, Spaced out, foggy, dizzy, fatigue, top neck ache

Posted In: Head conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 27, 2008
  • 09:49 PM

Hello

A month and 1/2 ago i started feeling constantly spaced out, and cognitively deficient. A couple of days after i started feeling a constant dull headache... almost like it's brain pressure. A week after that i realized how the dull headache would radiate from the base of my skull / top of my spine and spread through out my head. Now my whole neck aches and the the dull ache at the top of my spine / base of my skull and head intensified slightly.

i use to enjoy intellectual conversation but now find it somewhat difficult because of frequent brain ****s, memory gaps and I feel mentally slow. I constantly have to wrestle with a shortened attention span and a spaced out feeling with passive meditation. I also feel like everything in my head registers things much more slowly... verbally and visually. Sometimes i make really stupid decisions like looking for milk in the co bard... as if i'm so spaced out that i do things without before i think about it..

some history:
I use to be a gym freak until 6 months ago. 2 years ago, While working out i use to feel a pinched nerve in my neck... one time i got really sick after immediately after a gym session where i was lifting heavy overhead. I was in the Navy so they just handed me Tylenol and sent me back to work. I was so sick i could barely move and my neck was aching... I had a lot of cold sweaty nights. It lasted about 5 days and i lost 20 pounds. i thought it was the flu but my two overweight friends saw how skinny i was and ( I s**t you not) decided to lick the rhym of the cup i was drinking out of but never got sick. When i got somewhat healthy I went back to the gym and the same less intense symptoms showed up again.. but i felt my neck hurting first. so i stayed out the gym for a month.

also, i expirimented with Pot this year from June till September.. then again in the beginning of November for a week. But i know people with who smoked for a decade and don't share my symptoms.

unfortunately i can't go to the doctor at the moment because i don't have health insurance. (No you don't get it once out the Service) Can anyone help me out, i've been reading forums all week and didn't get a diagnosis. Does anyone have any information or know where i can ask around?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• ee
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 10, 2014
    • 10:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I actually have very similar symptoms. I had the same tension in the neck for a few months then felt faint at the gym one day. Ever since then I have had a sensitive neurological system and recently I have been getting pressure headaches and brain fog. Still trying to find the cause. If I do I will surely let you know.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 22, 2014
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement