Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Is a b12 level of 185 okay?????

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: PAPERTIGER
  • December 27, 2008
  • 07:09 PM

I'm 30 have a healthy diet but have been very sick for the past 5 years. I am trying to find out why I am deterioating. I look horrible and don't look like myself anymore. I have been to my PCP who can't seem to get my diagnosis right and now I am on my third neurologist. He recently had me take a B12 level test. It came back at 185. I was told this is low but not alarming. Not sure how true it is. My PCP didnt even tell me what to do. The neuro suggested I get shots but the PCP said "NO just a daily B complex vitamin". I'm confonfused as to whether or not B12 can bring on these symptoms that I'm suffering from. Please help, I have no quality of life....

Here are a list of my symptoms worst to mildest.

Headaches - 10
Memory loss - 10
Confusion - 9 ( directions, work, understanding instructions)
Breathlessness - 8 (I can't get out a full sentence w/out huffing)
Eye pain - 8 (behind and in my eyes, when I have a headache)
Back pain - 8 (this is recent, lower back right about buttox)
Recent onset of heartburn. 8 - VERY PAINFUL when I eat certain stuff. :eek:
Tiredness - 7
Intolerance to exercise - 7 (brings on an instant headache)
Irritability 6
Itchy skin - 6
Acne - 5 at age 26 broke out w/ severe cystic acne, took Accutane. Now clear but still have occasional small (non cystic) breakout.

I will say the headaches are different than a migrane (Need to be clear). I do get migranes too, but these do not concern me, I handle them like a grain of salt! The pressure headaches last a long time and are SCARY. They fall in line w/ Intracranial Hypertension symptoms however I have not been diagnosed until I have a spinal tap (coming in Jan). I feel like pressure is building inside my head when I have these. Unbearable pain. I currently take Topamax 200 mg daily and a blood pressure med (just for the headaches).

I'm trying to get a diagnoses. Not sure if this is intercranial Hypertension or just causes from my B12 Deficiency results. Also, how much B12 supplement should I take. My PCP had his secretary tell me just to go to GNC and grab a daily vitamin. I grabbed the GNC Big B Bcomplex. I have been taking 1 daily after I eat dinner. Haven't noticed any difference in two weeks yet. Is this right. Is 185 for a B12 level alarming???

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement