Discussions By Condition: Hand conditions

Cold hands and feet, low blood pressure, MVP

Posted In: Hand conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Diagnoseme
  • December 26, 2008
  • 04:21 AM

I have had cold hands and feet for most of my life. I have been recently diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) which causes arhythmia(sp?). I have facial swelling and swelling in one of my calves. The only time the swelling subsides is when I am close to my minimum weight for my height and age. I also have a low blood pressure (100/65) and a low resting heart rate (60). I exercise at least 3 times a week. I have a hard time eating raw fruits and vegetables but, I can eat them in other forms i.e., dried, cooked, etc... I am extremely sensitive to what is happening in my body. I can feel everything including an unfertilized egg bursting inside of me during ovulation.

I would like to know what I can take or do to warm my hands and feet.

Any insight or direction as to what I should ask or where I should go would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I have cold feet hands cold hands too in 70*F weather my hand are cold and ant thing below that there freezing.In 80*F weather my hands are hot like burning hot.My feet do the same thing but not as bad as my hands and if i sand in one place for too long my feet lose circulation.I think what it is is that sense are heart is so far frome are hands and feet that we can not keep them warm or cold. But thats mt thought on it.
    tristan moore 1 Replies
    • December 7, 2011
    • 06:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I get cold hands and feet, it sucks. Mostly have it solved but it was still an issue while I surfed the web, and my heater was on all the time. Tried a space heater, and all kinds of stuff -- then I found the Heated Mouse - awesome products. I have the heated mouse and the Heated Slippers -- when I sit down and plug-in to surf the web, I'm no longer cold! So great I had to share with everyone, highly recommended! The get power from the USB on your computer. So neat!
    JonJacob 1 Replies
    • December 13, 2011
    • 07:26 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement