Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

My throat makes noise when swallowing

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 25, 2008
  • 07:41 PM

Two years ago, I had a cold for a long time, almost two months. I went to the doctor then, but there was really nothing they could do because it was, after all, a cold. Anyhow, since then, I started noticing that I have slight discomfort when swallowing, mostly saliva and liquid. I don't feel pain or even great difficulty, but it seems my throat has become narrowed. When I swallow now I feel like a car going on an unpaved road as opposed to before, when swallowing was normal and smooth like going on a paved road. I also noticed that air bubbles get lodged or something as I have to burp them out. Often I feel air bubbles in my upper chest after I drank something. None of these problems are pronounced, but I don't like it because these weren't present before I had the cold.

Another thing to consider, about a year before the cold, I drank apple cider vinegar for a month before going to bed, maybe half a cup or so. While it got rid of my morning breath, I had coughs due to the vinegar burning my esophagus. This problems though seemed to have gone away after I figured out the culprit and stopped drinking vinegar.

Other things to maybe consider are that I don't seem to have the best immune system. I got chicken pox as an adult despite having had the vaccination, and I tend to get sick often, like common colds and such. I never get over a cold before suffering at least 2-3 weeks. On top of this, I have allergies to everything from dust to pollen. I received immunotherapy for three or so years, and my allergy symptoms have largely disappeared.

I am in my early 30's, female, thin, but I don't exercise. I think I eat fairly healthy.

What I want to know is if this is something I should go see a doctor about, or is this just a nuisance I should live with.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Ok so first things first, check for lumps or go to a doctor and make sure it is not throat cancer. Then if its not see if you have any throat infections, or strep throat. You might have flem buildup from the 2 month cold. You should try washing your mouth and going to see a doctor. You deffinitly should see a doctor. I recommend it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 28, 2008
    • 10:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I experience the EXACT same symptoms and also drank apple cider vinegar on a daily basis for different reasons prior to having these swallowing problems. Have you found any way to get rid of the noise and feeling of liquid rushing up?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2009
    • 10:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Two years ago, I had a cold for a long time, almost two months. I went to the doctor then, but there was really nothing they could do because it was, after all, a cold. Anyhow, since then, I started noticing that I have slight discomfort when swallowing, mostly saliva and liquid. I don't feel pain or even great difficulty, but it seems my throat has become narrowed. When I swallow now I feel like a car going on an unpaved road as opposed to before, when swallowing was normal and smooth like going on a paved road. I also noticed that air bubbles get lodged or something as I have to burp them out. Often I feel air bubbles in my upper chest after I drank something. None of these problems are pronounced, but I don't like it because these weren't present before I had the cold. Another thing to consider, about a year before the cold, I drank apple cider vinegar for a month before going to bed, maybe half a cup or so. While it got rid of my morning breath, I had coughs due to the vinegar burning my esophagus. This problems though seemed to have gone away after I figured out the culprit and stopped drinking vinegar. Other things to maybe consider are that I don't seem to have the best immune system. I got chicken pox as an adult despite having had the vaccination, and I tend to get sick often, like common colds and such. I never get over a cold before suffering at least 2-3 weeks. On top of this, I have allergies to everything from dust to pollen. I received immunotherapy for three or so years, and my allergy symptoms have largely disappeared. I am in my early 30's, female, thin, but I don't exercise. I think I eat fairly healthy.What I want to know is if this is something I should go see a doctor about, or is this just a nuisance I should live with.Are you under chronic stess and dont sleep well or enough..? someone who has immune deficiency should ALWAYS eat well (raw veggies, fruits must be added to good meals), sleep well and enough, and get away from stress causing activities... Sport will help get body all connected and fluid, and will help GREATLY with stress and good sleep... These factors are what makes most of the body's immune strength and responsiveness.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2010
    • 02:42 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement